ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs Michigan State, Friday...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
After one period of play it's 1-0 in favor of Michigan State.

The Spartans scored a power play goal just over three minutes into the first and pretty much controlled play for the first 12 or so minutes of the period. Michigan finally started to wake up in the late going and had some scoring chances, but none made it into the net.

Of course the brutal truth is that this series (the entire 4 games) will probably decide who ends up in last place in the Big Ten. Hopefully Michigan starts to play some hockey.

After one period of play it's 1-0 in favor of Michigan State.

The Spartans scored a power play goal just over three minutes into the first and pretty much controlled play for the first 12 or so minutes of the period. Michigan finally started to wake up in the late going and had some scoring chances, but none made it into the net.

Of course the brutal truth is that this series (the entire 4 games) will probably decide who ends up in last place in the Big Ten. Hopefully Michigan starts to play some hockey.
Well, through two periods, they haven't started yet. I'm at a loss for words how bad this team is in all phases of the game.

After two periods, it's Michigan State 2, Michigan 0.

Just another dismal display of hockey.

After two periods, it's Michigan State 2, Michigan 0.

Just another dismal display of hockey.
When you play this badly against your arch rival, at home, currently being shut out and showing no life, it's clearly time for a change which is too bad. I love Red but it's time.

and that's a final. The Spartans shut Michigan out 3-0 at Yost.

I think is pretty much the worst defensive team i've ever seen at Michigan. They are pretty terrible in all aspects of the game, but defense is really awful.

The Spartans shut Michigan out 3-0 at Yost. Like in basketball we stayed way outside and attempted to shoot. No on courageous enough to go in there and fight it out for the puck and score. Soft, hmm, like the MBB team. GBGB"74

We stayed after the game to talk to a few of the players. (we did our best to not talk about the game)

Seeing their faces- I'm not sure they know what's wrong.
What's wrong? In most games this season, the opponents are better athletes. However, that should have not been the case last night, which was actually one of the most humiliating losses in recent memory - shutout at home before a full house by a bad team that is principal rival.

Reactions: wolverines74
What's wrong? In most games this season, the opponents are better athletes. However, that should have not been the case last night, which was actually one of the most humiliating losses in recent memory - shutout at home before a full house by a bad team that is principal rival.

I was stunned to see how poorly Michigan played Friday night. I thought they did do a better job Saturday, but the level of play between these two teams just isn't what we're used to seeing when both programs are at their best. I thought MSU would have a shot to pull out some wins against Michigan this year more than against other teams in the conference, but this surprised me.

I was stunned to see how poorly Michigan played Friday night. I thought they did do a better job Saturday, but the level of play between these two teams just isn't what we're used to seeing when both programs are at their best. I thought MSU would have a shot to pull out some wins against Michigan this year more than against other teams in the conference, but this surprised me.
I watched the PSU #1 /OSU #11 both nights and they seem light years ahead of both Michigan schools. Then throw in Wisconsin with Minny and we may not see a spot higher than where we are the rest of the way.
Always your friend "74

I watched the 2 UM-MSU hockey games last weekend, and the UM-IL basketball game on Saturday, and I had the same thought watching all of them, which was: These poor TV announcers are really killing themselves trying to find anything positive or upbeat to say about any of these teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT