ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Is The Better Team -Time To Move On

scfanblue

Senior
Oct 25, 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
It's time to move on. Lot's of football left. Harbaugh took a losing team and in 10 months/pulled in a 5th year (Very average) QB from Iowa and beat Mark Dantonio's 8 year Spartan football program today. What happened was a MIRACLE for MSU and sometimes that happens in football. The Spartans needed a MIRACLE FOR A WIN AND THEY GOT IT. So what! Michigan can beat Ohio State and may just do that this year.

It's time to move on. Lot's of football left. Harbaugh took a losing team and in 10 months/pulled in a 5th year (Very average) QB from Iowa and beat Mark Dantonio's 8 year Spartan football program today. What happened was a MIRACLE for MSU and sometimes that happens in football. The Spartans needed a MIRACLE FOR A WIN AND THEY GOT IT. So what! Michigan can beat Ohio State and may just do that this year.

True. Let's hope the team comes out ready to prove something after the Bye week

That is pure speculation. The statistics do not matter. You were losing 23-21 with10 seconds left. The team you were losing to at that point was 5-7 last year and was patched together in the last 10 months. The injury excuses is bullshit. A veteran team that has won big games on the national level has plenty of players to step in and continue to be good. OSU didn't use any excuses when Bosa was suspended. You needed the MiRACLE to pull it off. Imagine what UM will look like when Harbaughs recruits are at UM.

That is pure speculation. The statistics do not matter. You were losing 23-21 with10 seconds left. The team you were losing to at that point was 5-7 last year and was patched together in the last 10 months. The injury excuses is bullshit. A veteran team that has won big games on the national level has plenty of players to step in and continue to be good. OSU didn't use any excuses when Bosa was suspended. You needed the MiRACLE to pull it off. Imagine what UM will look like when Harbaughs recruits are at UM.
UM is in fantastic shape for the future, MSU relied on a once-in-a-lifetime gift to win. They know it

When you get beat significantly in yards and first downs AND lose the game, claiming you're the best team is laughable.

Reactions: StCecelia40
And when the opposing team had 2 true freshman starting at safety both making their first starts and you only manage 230 yards you don't deserve to win.

Wrong, MSU with tons of injuries, had double the first downs and over 150 more yards. A healthy MSU team wins easy.

Yeah...I think MSU is the better team especially when healthy but today UM did enough to win it...until they didn't.

I do want to say for the record...all the plays count as MSU was the better team today.

RM

Yeah...I think MSU is the better team especially when healthy but today UM did enough to win it...until they didn't.

I do want to say for the record...all the plays count as MSU was the better team today.

RM
Exactly, I believe on UM's last three possessions they went three and out. On UM's last possession, if they got one first down, the game was over.

Get Peppers on the offense some, even if it is just as a decoy on first down and hit Chesson or Butt.....

If there is an Achilles heel, that's it: there is not much of a passing threat to open up the run game. JH reins in his QB to avoid turnovers, and relies on his run game and defense to control the game. That will work against most teams, and has worked well so far, but maybe not against the best teams.

Need a big upgrade in talent. Not across the board, of course, but certainly on offense. Makes me sick to think how long this crap has gone on.

I can't look at the bright side of a shocking, horrible loss. I freaked out in a major way last night and still feel bad. Also hungover as all hell.

When you get beat significantly in yards and first downs AND lose the game, claiming you're the best team is laughable.
Actually, Michigan State Tech had the better qb, in Connor Cook. Jake played a good game for Michigan but was up against one of the best. He came to Michigan for one yr and we were lucky to have him. The long open passes on broken coverage was the big decider in both final score and the yardage you speak of.

I thought the offensive line was a little exposed today. They did not open the holes like they should have when they need to do it. A full year in the weight program should help. They almost all come back. I do believe that O'Korn will by the QB next year and he can really throw the ball, over 3000 yards in his freshman year at Houston. The lack of speed in the RB position showed up today. The holes closed before the back could get to them. I think the four RB's committed have much more speed. Two are listed as athletes, but play RB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT