ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan is going to beat Ohio State. A few stats.....

90MVarsity

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2020
Based on B10 conference stats, which I like better than full season because it's common P5 opponents and games later in the year:

Michigan is 5th in the B10 in scoring defense. They are at 18.1 ppg. Penn State is 2nd is at 17.3 ppg. So it's a small margin from 2-5. Ohio State struggled with the Penn State defense, only scoring 26 offensive points down from their average of 47 ppg.

Defensively: Michigan is 2nd in the conference in fewest pass yards per game surrendered and 2nd in total yards given up per game. They are going to give up more yards than their averages vs. OSU, but I think UM will bottle them up. And keep them in that 24-31 point range like PSU and Nebraska did, where we have a chance to win. We will be the best defense they will have played....certainly on par with Penn St.

On offense we are 3rd in PPG and 4th in YPG. On BTN they keep saying Michigan is the most complete team in the B10. We will be the best team OSU has faced and that includes Oregon based upon full season numbers. We are still 4th scoring defense nationally (full season stats) and Oregon is nowhere in the picture. Offensively over the course of 10 games we are within 1 ypg 442 to 441 and one ppg 34 to 35 ppg of Oregon.

31. Michigan will have around 31 players who are in their 3rd, 4th, or 5th years who I would expect to play in the game. Some players like Honingford are role players. But the vast majority are starters. We think about the young players that have emerged this year. But this team is more veteran players than you would think. We have 42....... 3-5 year players.

Ohio State is not invincible. I watched their PSU and Nebraska games. They are ready to get clipped. Seeing how the MSU game goes will be interesting. Gattis and Mac will call their best games.

THE GAME is at Michigan. That will help.

Go Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News