ADVERTISEMENT

Lindy's & Athlon have UM Fifth

MauiHoops1982

Aug 18, 2017
Thinking that might be a bit too low entering the year. A lot of turnover in the conference this year, Michigan included, but with Wagner, Abdur-Rahkman, Matthews, Robinson, etc., this is a top three team.

Here would be my rankings:
  1. MSU
  2. Minnesota
  3. Wisconsin (they are always good)
  4. Maryland
  5. Purdue
  6. Michigan
  7. Northwestern
  8. Indiana
This year's conference will be very tough - I see MSU as the cream of the crop but the other 7 teams in my mind could be fully interchangable. Don't forget Iowa and the new Illinois coach is very good as well. Michigan will really miss Walton, who quite frankly single-handedly won us 3-4 games last year. We have way more depth but it really depends on how much better Wagner or MAAR get.

Here would be my rankings:
  1. MSU
  2. Minnesota
  3. Wisconsin (they are always good)
  4. Maryland
  5. Purdue
  6. Michigan
  7. Northwestern
  8. Indiana
This year's conference will be very tough - I see MSU as the cream of the crop but the other 7 teams in my mind could be fully interchangable. Don't forget Iowa and the new Illinois coach is very good as well. Michigan will really miss Walton, who quite frankly single-handedly won us 3-4 games last year. We have way more depth but it really depends on how much better Wagner or MAAR get.
On paper it looks like MSU is the clear cut #1 pick in the big ten this season. However, the bigten is never a pushover. 3-4 other teams will step up. MSU's roster has to learn their roll. Sometimes when you have meny talented players there is not enough shots to go around. This can cause problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT