ADVERTISEMENT

JV pitches a good game and Rodney throws 32 pitches in 1 inning

wolverines74

Heisman
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
to lose it 2-1. The problem with this team is now the batters. The pitching will hold up for a while with the young guys but we have really no day in day out hitter . 1 or 2 guys who are making contact and each game someone else is that guy is a disaster waiting. Shame we could have won and now we have 4 losses in a row . Sadder still is the division is still in flux and no one wanting to push out away from everyone else. If the Tigers could only strring a 4-5-6 game winning streak they could be far enough away to allow for a lose here and there. Now everyone is getting closer as we lose. GBGB "74

Maybe Jackson can be the stopper today but hitters need to wake up.

Very, very frustrating 4 game losing streak. Tigers had not been swept at home by the Bosox in a 3 game series since 1996.
This post was edited on 6/6 12:40 PM by sponas

2009 Tigers-

Preseason said wew would be no better than 3rd most had them at 4th.
Defense has imporved a lot.
Young pitchers are coming through and that makes the bull pen better since they don't get the chance to blow it -See last night - Stinks bad.
Catchers are not offensively producing but have helped the young kids which is a good trade off. Hopefully they can help Jeremy B.
BUTT the dame offense has to be near perfect to win. Timely hitting every game is NOT going to happen and we are not near the team that we see in the standings. If we don't score it will wear on the young pitchers and they will struggle.
Lastly we have 4-5-6 guys collecting BIgggggg Money and doing nothing. I feel ashamed since I always felt Mr. Illitch was a hockey guy and then he opened up his purse and wasted so much $$. I really wish we could get rid of the dead weight and bring young kids up( while we are not suppose to win ) and get them some time. It's better in the long run then to keep band-aiding the offense hoping that Maglio and Carlos come through, and those God aweful Pitchers Willis and Nate especially are NOT the answer. GBGB "74

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT