ADVERTISEMENT

Just gonna leave this here...

BayAreaVicdaddy

Letterman
Jan 23, 2015
B8juD2FIQAAbHmJ.jpg

Originally posted by goblue31602:
It has been posted a few times. What's your point?
1. It reads like it was written by a retard
2. It reeks of desperation
3. This kind of crap wont work against Urban
4. Watching Harbaugh go bust is going to be so much fun to watch
5. Point #4...Freaking Point #4!!! "We will have a QB...A good one!!!"... LMFAO. Wow.

Those who stay will use a spiral notebook...

This post was edited on 1/31 11:45 AM by BayAreaVicdaddy

You're right...

It's gonna be hard to recruit against free tattoos and automobiles. but ill take enthusiasm and optimism anyday.

I bet Pete Caroll and USC fans were laughing when Harbaugh took over Stanford as well.

a couple things, why do you care? and why are all sparty and buckeye fans so happy for michigan to stay like they are right now? the fun of the rivalries is for both teams to be good.
what this shows me is you cant be very old if this is what makes you so happy. sorry we dominated both of you for so long. and yes believe it or not , all the games counted not just the ones in your short life.

Re: I'd much rather see this than have Harbaugh supposedly have a " Dream "

About coaching a kid ( Sharriff Floyd ). What a douche ...

I know I posted this before but I was at JH's Pac-10 press conference

he was near the end of the Pac 10 coaches speaking so I was looking at my toes or something when he started to talk. I thought it was Bo speaking . By the time he ended and introduced his key player (whom I don't remember) the audience -- all of the writers -- were listening with interest.

Originally posted by Draidan14:
About coaching a kid ( Sharriff Floyd ).
I actually agree. But the dream worked and the spiral love letter didnt so there's that...

Or Clark hasn't decided yet ... So there's that. If he does though, will you stop back by to discuss ???

Or Clark hasn't decided yet ... So there's that. If he does though, will you stop back by to discuss ???
Sure. Not much chance of Clark coming to UM from what I've read. But sure.

Originally posted by BayAreaVicdaddy:

Originally posted by goblue31602:
It has been posted a few times. What's your point?
1. It reads like it was written by a retard
2. It reeks of desperation
3. This kind of crap wont work against Urban
4. Watching Harbaugh go bust is going to be so much fun to watch
5. Point #4...Freaking Point #4!!! "We will have a QB...A good one!!!"... LMFAO. Wow.

Those who stay will use a spiral notebook...

This post was edited on 1/31 11:45 AM by BayAreaVicdaddy
Do not ever use that word around here again, or I'll personally make it my mission to have you banned from here. Keep your ignorant self where it belongs, in an Ohio forum.

from what ive read? so anything you read is fact, ever have any original thoughts of your own? and again why are you over here?

Re: Your post is lacking in substance and humor...

Seemed like an appropriate response to the (apparently) masterful "nothing happens?"

About coaching a kid ( Sharriff Floyd ). What a douche ...
That never happened and it was refuted at the time.

Sharrif Floyd clears up Urban Meyer "dream from God" story

The story has circulated on recruiting websites and sports blogs all over the nation.
If you're really into recruiting, or even have a passing interest, you've probably read somewhere that during the recruitment of Philadelphia DT Sharrif Floyd, UF coach Urban Meyer told him that he had gotten a sign from God in a dream that Floyd should play for the Gators.
Bloggers all over the place took shots at Meyer for "faking" a dream from God to gain a recruit - albeit one considered the best at his position.

There is a well-circulated and almost certainly apocryphal tale about Urban Meyer and the Lord himself, and the story goes something like this: In the midst of the serious health scare that eventually caused him to quit his job as head coach at the University of Florida, Meyer calls up a recruit named Sharrif Floyd. Says he had a dream the night before, and that in the dream he was coaching Floyd, and that this dream was a message from above. Says to Floyd, "If it's my time to die, I'd rather die on the sidelines coaching you than anywhere else in the world." And Floyd, the top defensive tackle in the country, goes to his high school coach and says, "Ohio State's great and all, but Coach Meyer said he'd die for me."

This tale is as close to a documented falsehood as you'll find in the murky and unconfirmable world of college football recruiting. Still, the very fact it came across as plausible enough to get blown up into a message-board telephone game is a mind-blowing testament to Meyer's salesmanship abilities. This tale is what recruiting expert Mike Farrell refers to (and please forgive the pun in advance, for it is not my own) as an "Urban legend," one of those plumped-up sagas of arm-twisting persuasiveness that have swirled around Meyer over the past decade, as he's developed a reputation for being one of the two best closers in the recruiting world.

These two closers will converge on New Year's Day when Meyer's Ohio State Buckeyes play Nick Saban's Alabama Crimson Tide in a College Football Playoff semifinal. Alabama is the no. 1 seed and is heavily favored in the Sugar Bowl, and there will obviously be a great deal at stake within the moment, but one could almost make the case that this game means as much for Meyer and Ohio State's future as for their present. There are many adept recruiters in the college football universe, but the two head coaches who do it the best, the two with an uncanny ability to work the numbers and hire the best pitchmen and make inroads with the decision-makers and hammer the deal home, Glengarry leads-style, are Urban Meyer and Nick Saban.
Turns out, according to Floyd, Meyer never said such a thing.

Re: a new dicdaddy. just like the original clown.

These types of debates are the internet version of "My daddy can beat up your daddy" or "My mom's prettier than yours"

About as relevant as they were when I was having these arguments as a six year old in my backyard.

Good one, "chief". Irony is always appreciated around here.

Wait, you're kinda slow, so I'll elaborate. See, you're kind of a 'tard, so it's IRONIC that you would be criticizing anyone else's intelligence. Another great post by you.
Please stop ghey stalking me.

This post was edited on 1/31 2:45 PM by ChicagoBlueFan

This was obviously written by a kid.

There is simply no way an adult, let alone one with a college degree, would pen something like this. This was written by someone who's likely in middle school, given the poor grammar, usage and spelling errors. I'm sure their English teacher would have an issue with it, but no one else would.

Re: Good one, "chief". Irony is always appreciated around here.

Ghey stalking? You mean like the messages you keep posting on my fan page?

Anyway, I think it's cute your coaching staff takes cues from Ryan Gosling

p33410_p_v7_aa.jpg

This post was edited on 1/31 7:12 PM by Joe Gory

Ok so to surmise, this seems like it was written by an Ohio fan, got it.

And unless you are inside on a lot of recruiting pitches, you'd probably think a LOT of recruiting pitches are desperation. But, say you disagree, you know what else reeks of desperation? Kerry Coombs "living" at Cass Tech High School (his word, not mine) to make sure Weber doesn't flip to Michigan.

If you think Harbaugh is going to bust, you haven't followed his coaching path. He hasn't been a bust ANYWHERE.

Re: This was obviously written by a kid.

You missed the point. No way an adult wrote this, unless that adult has developmental issues. This is the product of a middle schooler, not someone who earned a college degree at Michigan.

Re: This was obviously written by a kid.

Originally posted by Sonnysteele:
You missed the point. No way an adult wrote this, unless that adult has developmental issues. This is the product of a middle schooler, not someone who earned a college degree at Michigan.

Sorry, you are right, i didn't get your point. This reminds me of when Dick Tressel tried to rap for Seantrel Henderson, a coach trying to fit in with a recruit and looking dumb in the process.

fwiw, the letter wasn't near as dumb as the rap.

This must be the part where we're supposed to ignore...

actual results? You might NOT look like an idiot here if Harbaugh wasn't already a proven successful, top tier coach. You might have noticed the "slight national spotlight" on him coming to Michigan. That occurred for a reason. Instead you look like a moronic homer hoping desperately that Harbaugh isn't what he is. Congrats.
laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT