ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ITB Extra: Ohio DB Rod Moore Sets OV, Call With Harbaugh

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** I've mentioned Clayton (Ohio) Northmonth defensive back Rod Moore as a guy that is moving up the Michigan recruiting board. It appears that Moore is a top priority and a guy the staff really wants this cycle. In fact, Moore is set to make an official visit to Michigan on June 12 — assuming recruits will be allowed to take trips by that time. Moore was originally scheduled to see Michigan this offseason, but, of course, his plans changed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

*** I'm told that Moore is set to hop on a video chat with Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh on Thursday. Harbaugh has spoken to Moore personally throughout the dead period, and the Wolverines are doing a tremendous job of recruiting him. I believe Michigan has made a ton of progress through their virtual recruitment of Moore and is trending upwards here.

*** I'm really close to putting in a FutureCast pick for Moore and might do so depending on how the call goes tomorrow. Moore is also high on schools like Cincinnati, Iowa, Kentucky and Pitt, but Michigan may have the overall advantage. The next step is obviously getting him to campus. It wouldn't be surprising to me if Moore pulls the trigger once he does make the summer OV.

*** Moore is obviously a teammate of three-star wide receiver target Markus Allen. I already have a FutureCast pick in for the Wolverines to land Allen, and Michigan is making a hard push for them to team up with each other at the next level. I feel like Allen could jump onboard with Michigan at any time, and earning his pledge would definitely help with UM's pursuit of Moore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News