ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ITB Extra: Michigan Closing With New England DE TJ Guy?

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Rising 2021 Mansfield (Mass.) High defensive end TJ Guy is set to make a decision tomorrow. So will he side with Michigan? I've spent the morning checking in with several sources. Let's start off with his status. I'm told that Guy is definitely a take for Michigan. The Wolverines want him in the class ahead of his decision and are pushing to earn his commitment.

*** I put in a FutureCast for Michigan way back on Feb. 12. As of right now, I have to reason to change it. I have reason to believe that Michigan leads here. Guy had not informed the coaching staffs at the schools he was considering as of last night, but again, he's a take for the Wolverines. Michigan defensive coordinator Don Brown can, for the most part, get who he wants out of New England. And he wants Guy.

*** I'm told that Brown is having a call with Guy today. The two have been in constant communication during the dead period. Brown has been working hard going over film with several recruits, including Guy. Michigan really likes his projection and upside. Michigan signee and fellow New England native Kalel Mullings actually spoke to Guy this week and is helping Michigan's efforts here.

*** One source told me that Guy is 95 percent in. Others seemed very confident that Michigan would be the pick tomorrow. So based on everything I've gathered, I'm predicting a win for the Wolverines tomorrow. I've included Guy in some of my 'who's next?' stories and have said the staff sees potential. Though he hasn't visited, it appears he's comfortable enough with Brown and co. to pull the trigger. Boston College, where he was previously committed, is still pushing hard as of today. Still, I believe it's Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News