ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ITB Extra: Harbaugh Makes Special Trip Out West To See Top Target

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh was late to Nashville today. Harbaugh was originally slated to be at the camp all day. However, he made his way to Utah before taking a jet to Nashville. That's because Harbaugh went out to a satellite camp to see four-star Salt Lake City (Utah) Brighton outside linebacker Lander Barton. We have not talked a ton about Barton lately, but I have exchanged a few messages with him here and there, and he remains interested in Michigan. On top of that, the Wolverines are making him a huge priority on the linebacker board hence why Harbaugh made the trip.

*** I'm told the staff absolutely loves Barton and what he brings to the table. He is listed as an outside linebacker but has the versatility to move around. One source close to the program even referred to a young Brian Urlacher, which is a pretty lofty player comparison. Texas actively recruited Utah during my time on that beat, so I have a few connections out there, and I have heard nothing but great things about Barton. He checks the boxes as both a player and a kid.

*** So where does Michigan sit in his recruitment? The Wolverines are going full court press here and are working to get him to campus soon — though Barton would prefer to take his OVs in the fall. Michigan is definitely a top school and under serious consideration. Both defensive coordinaor Mike Macdonald and linebackers coach George Helow are in regular contact, while defensive line coach Shaun NUa, who has ties in Utah, is also providing assistance. Utah is considered the early favorite, but Barton is pretty open and likes schools like LSU and USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News