ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ITB Extra: Donovan Edwards Visiting Michigan Today

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Rivals100 West Bloomfield (Mich.) High running back Donovan Edwards is set to be in Ann Arbor later today. Edwards just wrapped up a big playoff win and is doing his best to get to campus to meet up with the 2021 Michigan commits. If he doesn't make it to campus before dark, he told me he will be joining the commits at a local eatery in Ann Arbor to watch the game. The recruits have their own private eatery at the eatery, and Edwards is looking forward to linking up with JJ McCarthy and crew.

*** Edwards told me that Michigan 'could do better' on the field, but overall he's not overly concerned about the state of the program. He believes Michigan will finish strong and still has the Wolverines high on his list. On that note, Edwards told me Georgia, Oklahoma and Michigan are still the big three schools in his recruitment. He added that Penn State is still in the mix as well. Notre Dame has gained a lot of buzz as of late, but Edwards said the Irish are in the same area as PSU.

*** Edwards won't be the only target making his way to Ann Arbor. 2022 Rivals250 athlete Dillon Tatum told me that he plans to join Edwards on the short drive. Tatum is extremely interested in Michigan and has been developing a great relationship with cornerbacks coach Michael Zordich. Michigan is recruiting him hard on the defensive side of the ball, and Tatum sees opportunity at U-M.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News