ADVERTISEMENT

IPF update . Tough one today. My Dr. said the pain in my

wolverines74

Heisman
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
right lung area could be 1 of 3 things.

1- from so much coughing I have a cracked rib.
2- it could be a blood clot in my lung and tomorrow I go to get blood workup and CS scan of that area.
3- My breathing tests today showed a great drop from 89 to 73 and he feels it is not because I had a hard time puffing with the pain. It is great drop and if so the new CS would show if I need a lung transplant . I go back next Wednesday to review scan and see what we will do next.

I ask for continued prayers for my disease and more so strength an courage to "press on" to fight this battle. Phil 3:12, Lately I have been down .

God's Blessings to all. "74

Ugh - horrible disease. My sympathies. Fwiw (and sorry to be redundant if your doctor already discussed it with you) there were two new drugs just recently approved for IPF - pirfenidone and nintedanib. They're newish enough that not all private practice physicians are using them regularly, so thought I'd mention it.

Good luck-

This post was edited on 1/28 4:18 PM by Joe Gory

Man, thats tough. It's not always easy letting people know so props to you for the post. Prayers headed North!

My prayers are with you ----- fight the good fight!

It's been a tough past week for me personally, my Dad passed early last Thursday (January 22) after a 10-year battle with Alzheimer's. I only bring that up because I didn't realize until the other night that "fight the good fight" --- a phrase my family an I used often during these past 10 years --- is actually biblical in nature. 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith."

There's unfortunately no guarantee we will win "that good fight", but if one can say they did "fight the good fight", they've done a hell of a good job.

I truly hope that helps. God bless.

I see my self clearly in Phil 3:12 Read on and God Be with you .

Philippians 3:12

12 I don't mean to say I am perfect. I haven't learned all I should even yet, but I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be.

GBGB"74
This post was edited on 1/29 3:16 PM by wolverines74

you gotta get better -- just like the UM football progarm

Bo and JH would want you to continue the good fight to press on. After several years of wondering in the wilderness we can see the trees in the forest. You don't want to miss that, do you?

Or as FDR once said, "the only thing to fear is fear itself." Have no fear, great each day as the first day of your life, think of your UM buddies here on the board and you'll be alright.

Sorry to hear that

That is a tough one. I lost my dad a long time ago, but he's with me every day. I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

Re: My prayers are with you ----- fight the good fight!

Originally posted by michnittlion:
It's been a tough past week for me personally, my Dad passed early last Thursday (January 22) after a 10-year battle with Alzheimer's. I only bring that up because I didn't realize until the other night that "fight the good fight" --- a phrase my family an I used often during these past 10 years --- is actually biblical in nature. 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith."

There's unfortunately no guarantee we will win "that good fight", but if one can say they did "fight the good fight", they've done a hell of a good job.

I truly hope that helps. God bless.
My sincerest condolences on the passing of your dad. You've been added to my prayer list and I will pray that God brings you and your family peace and comfort. I understand what you're feeling because I too recently lost a very close loved one. Going through the grieving process is not easy but if you put your trust in God he will get you through it and never abandon you.

I haven't seen you on BWI of late. Is that by your own design or have you been involuntarily cut off? If the latter, temporarily or permanently?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT