ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Intel: Notes on Bennett Warren, Aaron Scott and more

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
I was able to ask around about a few guys still out there in the 2024 class for Michigan to get a better sense of where things stand right now.

Let's get to it.

- We have been told that Oklahoma is out of the running for Bennett Warren and this one appears to be coming down to a Michigan vs. Tennessee race. This one feels pretty split down the middle in terms of feelings here. Some feel like U-M has a great shot, others feel like the vibe is that U-M has faded a bit in favor of Tennessee. Don't be shocked if the Vols take this one in the end but this race isn't over and U-M is still very much in it. My FutureCast is still on U-M and will remain there until I hear otherwise.

- The Aaron Scott recruitment has been a tough one to figure out. It's been hard to find anyone I've spoken with to find any kind of optimism here but U-M is still trying. He has spoken with the commits about possibly attending the BBQ at the end of the month but, in my opinion, we'll see there. If he attends, it's a good tell where he's headed. However, this is very much a head vs. heart situation with the head being the Wolverines' perspective. The heart is telling him to stay home and not pick the rival school, in my opinion. Again, this isn't over yet but I am not very optimistic at the moment. We'll see.

- I don't expect the Gatlin Bair sweepstakes to end anytime soon, even with his Boise State official at the end of the month. I suspect he will take some time to figure things out but I still love where Michigan sits right now. I will get a better sense of where things stand once he takes his official to BSU. I think the only reason why he would choose Boise at this point is to be close to home.

- I don't expect anything to come from this but I have been told that the staff haven't stopped communication with Michael Uini since his commitment to Georgia. You never know but, again, would be surprised if anything came from it.

More when I have it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News