ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Intel: Loaded recruiting notebook on key targets

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Love it when the phone rings with the goods. I was able to get a pretty good look at how things are standing coming out of the weekend plus a broader sense of things with a number of prospects.

Let's get started.

- As for Aaron Scott, the program still feels 'very good' about its chances with him and this is even coming out of his weekend visit to Columbus. I do think the program believes they are the leaders right now and the plan is to sell Scott and Terhyon Nichols on being the two corners in the class.

- As for Terhyon Nichols, those within the building believe U-M is 'right there' for him coming out of the visit. The belief is that he would like to make a decision soon, which they think bodes well for U-M's chances for him. We'll see what the landscape looks like for Nichols as I continue to ask around. I am not ready to place any FutureCast predictions just yet but I feel good about its chances.

- To expand on Gatlin Bair, Michigan believes this one is going to come down to them or staying home (with Boise State being the likely option). Knowing that he won't be joining the program immediately, U-M isn't going to give up without a fight if it loses this recruitment. As of right now, they're in an excellent spot.

- As for being 'right there,' that's the sense I get for Michigan's chances with 2025 four-star QB George MacIntyre. After a three-day visit to campus, the Wolverines are right in the thick of things for him. He will be in the conversation and it's looking like he and Bryce Underwood are right there at the top.

- Speaking of Underwood, after doing some discussions, I get the sense that the Wolverines could be considered right at the top and have the possibility of being the early favorites. Kirk Campbell has a lot to do with this. I am not saying Underwood will end up a Wolverine as there is plenty of time to go but my confidence in Michigan trending towards being the team to beat here in the early stages is growing consistently.

- There is still some confusion about what Jacob Smith will ultimately do when it comes down to making a decision. The program feels it's a leader in every single category for him, however, Smith has mentioned before that he would like to do something different, meaning he could explore the possibility of going his own way and not following his brother. I don't think this is a lost cause and I still believe U-M will be the choice but the program is fully aware that he could decide to go somewhere else. Right now, that could be Nebraska.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News