ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois thoughts

Fritzie

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
First, the 60 minute Illinois Purdue game is on BTN at 11 AM tomorrow if you want to watch/record-I’m sure it’s repeated throughout the week.

I just finally watched the Illinois BTN camp show. A few impressions:
*Bret Bielema-let’s just say bigger than ever. Horrific.
*Our game is the 100th anniversary of the stadium dedication, they will rededicate (I think), honor Red Grange, wear throw back unis. “Game been circled for a while”. Luckily few current players prob know who Grange was 😂. Talked about the narrow 2022 loss of course. Wonder if we will wear throw backs too?
*Their qb had
Oops my post was half deleted, will try to reconstruct
*Their qb had 13 TDs, 10 INTs and 34 sacks last year (and was injured so not complete season). This year just 1 INT and 14 TDs but 19 sacks. Worth noting that the INT and 7 sacks were against PSU, obviously best opponent. Bodes well for our defensive ends and line generally.
*I’m sure everyone is aware how their defense plummeted last year-they lost their 2 best players off that poor D altho some injured players are back. Most tackles being made by DBs, followed by LBs. looks like poor line play.
*starting RB Feagan did not play yesterday, injured leg in practice. Backup serviceable? Will check out when watch game.

Just a few thoughts, what are yours?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.