ADVERTISEMENT

If Orji is QB1...

mc3022

Sophomore
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2023
The coaches must do a better job of fitting the mold to highlight Orji's skills. While this is easier said than done, the lack of adjustments to the offense thus far has been the biggest disappointment to me in Sherrone's extremely early career. However, I'm confident the same person who out-schemed Nick Saban's defense in the last game of his career can do it - he needs to step away a bit from JH and put his personal stamp on the team.

This isn't to say you scrap the playbook and go full Single-wing, but more so in the plays you call that are already installed: Power Read, Heavy Playaction, Arc Read, Traditional QB/RB mesh, rollouts, Jet sweeps, etc.

Let's address the elephant in the room: Orji can't throw, right? While that may be true, nobody knows that except for those players and coaches (2 INC, 2 TDs). However, it's also certain that the offense we saw those last three games was the offense that was run in the spring/camp.

Similar to Milroe last year, I'd get Orji reading half the field - Read 1, Read 2. If neither are open you take off.

Let's not forget—one of the greatest "players" in CFB History, Tim Tebow, couldn't throw or diagnose a defense. However, the offense was designed around him to highlight his skills and allow him to succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.