ADVERTISEMENT

I would take DC (Duncan Robinson) because he has some

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
college basketball experience and looks like a good fit for the JB system.

I do like Dawkins too...both guys can shoot which leads me to my point.

I saw where Walton played pretty well in this 'tournament' but didn't shoot particulary well. I think Walton has a lot of great traits but he is no Burke. He is a pass first pg and JB is obviously a very sharp coach. He is surrounding Walton with as many shooters as possible because I don't think Walton is type of PG who can carry too much scoring.

Smart smart smart. This would give Walton

1. LeVert
2. Irvin (yet consistently proven)
3. Robinson (hope) and Dawkins

Lets leave off the bigs like Donnal. There isn't a lot of proven scorers on this team. I was concerned that Walton/Albrecht wouldn't have enough support but with hopefully a Robinson...he can play with LeVert, Irvin and a Robinson/Donnal on the floor so its gives him at least 3 guys on the floor at all times who can take the majority of shots.

I am assuming JB can move Donnal over to the 5 sometimes so Chatman can play :). Going to be fun. Can't wait. So many unknowns going into the season including LeVert who is coming off of injury and now is the #1 scoring option.

Reality Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VgwfwCIEo

Robinson played DIII basketball last year; it's a big jump to DI. His coach (a JB protege) left to take a DI job, leaving Robinson eligible to transfer. If JB recruits him, it's because his coach at Williams gave it the green light.

I agree with everything you said on Duncan Robinson. but Robinson is not eligible to play this year.

It appears Beilein thinks Duncan Robinson has a very similar game and ability as Mike Dunleavy. Dunleavy was a 6'7" wing that played at Duke about 15 years ago and was able to shoot, handle the ball and had a high basketball IQ. I would agree that they look very similar at the same age. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him turn out like Dunleavy. He will spend this year getting bigger and stronger and should be able to immediately contribute next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT