ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if this Iowa reporter likes Harbaugh based on how he phrased

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
the questions. I give Ferentz credit for basically defending Harbaugh like...it doesn't seem to affect their performance. Exactly Kirk. Thank You. Hey Iowa reporter, go pound sand or cry in your beer. Wonder if that guy wouldn't mind Harbaugh coaching at Iowa?

Q. Your opposing coach this week, he took time out in game week yesterday to go to a campaign rally. Last week he traveled to a World Series game. Are there any circumstances imaginable that you would do something like that?

KIRK FERENTZ: You know, outside of a funeral or someone being ill, I can't think of any time in my life I've ever done anything, but that's just -- we're all different, and we all do things differently, and we're all creatures of habit probably in some ways, but basically I've just tried to focus on what it is I do, and I'll say this, it doesn't seem to affect their performance. They've looked pretty good on the film I've seen.

Q. What do you make of that guy, Harbaugh?

KIRK FERENTZ: Well, I was around Jim in Baltimore, and that was as a player and a coach. We didn't work directly with each other, but our players had great respect for him, and as a coach I think it's well-documented he's done a great job everywhere he's been, including San Diego. Stanford, right on through everywhere he's gone, he's done really well. He's doing really well right now.

the questions. I give Ferentz credit for basically defending Harbaugh like...it doesn't seem to affect their performance. Exactly Kirk. Thank You. Hey Iowa reporter, go pound sand or cry in your beer. Wonder if that guy wouldn't mind Harbaugh coaching at Iowa?

Q. Your opposing coach this week, he took time out in game week yesterday to go to a campaign rally. Last week he traveled to a World Series game. Are there any circumstances imaginable that you would do something like that?

KIRK FERENTZ: You know, outside of a funeral or someone being ill, I can't think of any time in my life I've ever done anything, but that's just -- we're all different, and we all do things differently, and we're all creatures of habit probably in some ways, but basically I've just tried to focus on what it is I do, and I'll say this, it doesn't seem to affect their performance. They've looked pretty good on the film I've seen.

Q. What do you make of that guy, Harbaugh?

KIRK FERENTZ: Well, I was around Jim in Baltimore, and that was as a player and a coach. We didn't work directly with each other, but our players had great respect for him, and as a coach I think it's well-documented he's done a great job everywhere he's been, including San Diego. Stanford, right on through everywhere he's gone, he's done really well. He's doing really well right now.
I'd have followed up with:

"Since Harbaugh's is likely going to bitch slap you around on Sat night and your teams typically are average BIG performers, should you consider following his example of getting out more?"

I'd have followed up with:

"Since Harbaugh's is likely going to bitch slap you around on Sat night and your teams typically are average BIG performers, should you consider following his example of getting out more?"

Yeah, that would have been a great question.

This guy reminds me of Paul Finebaum and his interview with Ezekiel Elliot. Basically asking questions to coax a negative response .
The real deal with the media in Iowa is they pander to Ferentz. Never a tough question. They just threw him a couple softball questions so Ferentz could show respect for Harbaugh and at the same time convey the message that he and the Iowa program are just a hard working, non-sexy team and program.

Jim Harbaugh 1971 (Postal truck), 1984, 1985 and 2016 are documented tough days in Iowa City.

1971 to 1973 was awful for any coaches or Iowa fans.

Harbaugh has Michigan in the hunt for a Big Ten title and chance for a CFP spot.

Kirk Ferentz and Iowa fell short in 2015.

Neither team has won a share of the Big Ten, since 2004.

Michigan is still in hunt. Iowa is in hunt for 8-4 finish.

That's football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT