ADVERTISEMENT

I stand with Karsch on Cade

marinwolve

All-League
Aug 25, 2001
As he said:

“When you talk about strengths and weaknesses of each player, and the current quarterback and the backup quarterback, the current quarterback has not turned the ball over this year. You win over 76 percent of your games when you win the turnover battle.

“It’s an underrated statistic, and it’s incredibly telling. It might speak a little bit as to why he’s their guy, for people who are worried about it. It’s easy to want the next guy, but understand, the experience here and Cade’s ability to take care of the ball strikes me as a pretty high value to this staff.”

Too many overlook (or take for granted) what Cade does well, something especially important on the road where turnovers can change the makeup of a game. He still reminds me a lot of Brian Griese, a true game manager who was not spectacular by any means, albeit with less talent around him. I wish they gave him a bit more opportunity to show what he can do, but I have to believe that will be part of the game plan this weekend—at least it better be part of Plan B if not Plan A. If Cade once again does not throw a pick, then I figure we win. Although there is a higher upside with JJ, something we will see when the time is right, I am not convinced we get more than we might lose with the change right now, in particular on the road at a tough place to play. Or to put it another way, if Wisconsin had Cade as their QB, they would be rated in the Top Ten and undefeated today. Chryst surely doesn’t underrate that statistic after going through what he has endured with their guy three games into the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News