ADVERTISEMENT

I sort of disagree with this article and its premise

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
I think Irvin & Stauskas are similar in this respect..they both can score in buckets.

I don't think because a player can't excel driving to the hoop makes them an ineffective offensive player.

I don't think LeVert is like Stauskas. I think his game is much more diverse. Was Stauskas really doing his 'thing' with dribble drives and a variety of finishes? Not really. He had a nice step back perimeter game he developed. That too me is more like Irvin in the sense that Irvin looks to be able to get almost any perimeter shot at anytime being guarded one on one.

Maybe the author is trying to make the point that LeVert is a better all around offensive player and capable of winning a BT offensive player of the year. I wouldn't disagree with that assertion.

Reality Man

P.S. I think the fundamental difference of why I would pick LeVert to be a better offensive player is that Irvin will be hot and cold with his game on occasion whereas LeVert can get to the rim more consistently and to the line.

We will see. Great to see Irvin getting some buzz because he is going to make a name for himself on the floor like LeVert did last year.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/27/zak-irvin-will-be-good-but-hes-not-the-next-nik-stauskas/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT