ADVERTISEMENT

I ran into a different UM perspective that you see on occasion...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
it basically said that UM needs to land a big fish otherwise UM is a bubble team.

I wholeheartedly agree. Let's go over some points of contention.

1. UM doesn't have Harbaugh as their basketball coach. JB is low key. He recruits a certain way (right or wrong/see previous Mlive article) and is he going to get a big fish? I am trying to figure out who as a big fish he landed...McGary? or was that Novak? Chatman...wasn't a high end guy.

I think the odds of JB landing a big fish is not very high. He does best when he gets guys not being pursued by the blue bloods. He snuck out a recent victory against MSU because of his system/fit.

2. JB and staff have a very good job relative to the JB recruiting history. Livers is a good get. I think JB should stick with his recent recipe of getting pretty good players and not go after the high end guys.

3. What makes you think UM needs some all world player to win? Is UM really supposed to win a NC or is that the responsibility of the football program? JB has done a great job over the last 6 months of re-tooling this program to succeed at the Big Ten level.

This program was floundering 6 months ago and if you look at it now...it is climbing upward just based on the recruiting and staff changes. I am perfectly happy to see UM in the top third of the conference and battling for a Big Ten title. This staff and roster can do that going forward.

RM

I agree. I think UM Basketball is heading in the right direction. They had a pretty good recruiting class coming in this season and already have some nice prospects for 2017. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Go Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT