ADVERTISEMENT

I’d use next week as a reset of the season and start Orji

MiamiWolv

All-League
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2006
The passing game isn’t going to be good unless JJ walks back in that door.

To me, the question is how do you develop the most dynamic, functional offense with the talent at hand, not how to maintain a balanced offense just for sake of balance.

The talent of UM is in the backfield and tight end. I’d make my primary unit Orji, with Mullings and Edwards in the backfield and just go heavy power spread option. Throw the ball 12-15 times a game and keep it simple—one read to Loveland or a wr occasionally, and if not there, tuck it and go. Mix in an occasional wr screen.

The logic is simple. We do nothing well on offense. We need to develop something we can do well even if the price is “balance”. Going with Orji gives us some potential for explosiveness in the running game and you just hope for marginal improvement in the passing game.

David Warren is a MAC or lower level B1G qb with no upside as a runner or passer. If this was 2003 or 2005 or even 2016, maybe you can trust him to manage the game and rely on the other guys. The other guys aren’t good enough this year. We will have no explosion with Warren in the run or pass game—Orji gives us some upside in the run game.

Moore should start over next week given the opponent. His OC is trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. We’re not taking advantage of the few areas where we have good talent on offense.

Would this change mean 10 wins? No but I think we’d get good enough running that we could get to 7, maybe 8, and maybe you steal one you’re not supposed. And Orji has some upside.

Warren at qb means a struggle every week after next week. There simply is nothing for the defense to fear in the run or pass game.

Reactions: jnesp and sharprza
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.