ADVERTISEMENT

Huge thinks MSU should be ranked No. 1 after beating No. 7 Ducks

St. Joe Blue 3

All-American
Jan 11, 2011
St. Joseph, MI via Ann Arbor via Seattle
I like Huge, but think he's way off here. State did not look that good against WMU, and the Broncos sucked this last weekend. Oregon is nowhere near the team they've been the last few years, and with that QB who's been there just four weeks, probably way over rated. He looked pretty good on about on out of three plays, and then looked totally lost the rest of the time. Even with that, State was so lucky he missed that wide open receiver with just over a minute left in the game for the game winner.

Good team, but nowhere near No. 1.

I like Huge, but think he's way off here. State did not look that good against WMU, and the Broncos sucked this last weekend. Oregon is nowhere near the team they've been the last few years, and with that QB who's been there just four weeks, probably way over rated. He looked pretty good on about on out of three plays, and then looked totally lost the rest of the time. Even with that, State was so lucky he missed that wide open receiver with just over a minute left in the game for the game winner.

Good team, but nowhere near No. 1.

Agree ... However, It still going to be fun watching them get "upset" and fall after climbing to 5 or 4ish.

I have no problem with Michigan State at #1. They have (as of the moment) the single best victory (in terms of the strength of opponent) of anyone in the country.

I'm not saying they have the best quality of team ---- but their resume (up to now) is the best.

Now perhaps Oregon stinks, perhaps MSU loses 3 more games, maybe OSU and Alabama and all sorts of others get very impressive victories themselves. Et cetera.

That will all sort itself out over time. Be patient. :)

Here is the bottom line in week 2 right now in CFB. Michigan State is certainly a top 3 team right now. The SEC is not looking too hot this year. How about Arkansas losing to Toledo? and Bieliema falling as they ran into the stadium? I do not believe that MSU is anywhere close to the team they were last year BUT they are going to get better because they have a good coach. No one is even CLOSE to the Buckeyes at this point. When it is said and done, the Utah team that Michigan played so close in their stadium is going to do some damage this year because they have an excellent defense. Hopefully, none of their players will get shot again like happened Saturday night after their game. Michigan made a massive improvement in one week even though they played OSU. Harbaugh's offense is beginning to gel with Rudock at the helm and Michigan's defense will be a top 5 defense which will keep them in every game they play. This is beginning to play out for UM under Harbaugh that I predicted. He is putting his stamp on the program quicker than I though the would and they are going to be a bear to deal with come mid season. I can just imagine what they will look like 2 years from now.

For sure it's way too early for the rankings to me at all meaningful. I'm just not impressed with State's resume at all ... not looking very good against WMU that went on to get whipped but good by Georgia Southern. Spartans were lucky to beat the Ducks, given that missed wide open receiver with just over a minute to go in the game. And again, the Ducks are nowhere near the team they've been the last few years. I do think they'll be tough be seasons end when their new QB gets better integrated into their system.

I think its' going to be an interesting, fun year.

Oregon will be lucky to avoid 4 losses this season USC and Utah can beat 'em. Cal makes for an interesting matchup.

Not the same old Ducks as your mother

Huge makes outlandish statements all the time. I think in the most part, he's simply a homer, as well as liking to stir up the pot to get plenty of takes from others.

His game predictions are horrible, and he constantly has to backtrack on those.

Quit being punks and haters. Show msu some respect. You Mivhigan homers make it hard to be a reasonable Michigan fan. Go put your pacifiers back in dorks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT