ADVERTISEMENT

Insider HQH: Quick spring practice rumblings 3/17

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Things continue to be quiet surrounding the program as we're a few weeks into spring practices. Not sure whether that means that there aren't any major takeaways as its business as usual or more people are being tight-lipped this time around.

Either way, I have gained a couple of quick notes about the program itself.

- Hear very positive things about Jack Tuttle so far in spring. His influence on the team and his play on the field have been consistently good. My source suggests that it might not be enough to usurp Davis Warren as the back-up quarterback but competition to push JJ McCarthy isn't a bad thing.
- Practices have been 'spirited' and 'confident' so far.
- Does confidence mean overconfident? The coaching staff have been making a concerted effort to avoid the team from getting too big for its britches as back-to-back Big Ten champions. Everything still needs to be worked for and the team cannot be overconfident heading into the season. Sources haven't exactly said the team is being this way but the coaches are getting out in front of it knowing there is always work to be done.
- One source mentioned the competition in all facets of the program, from top to bottom, is excellent. Players in all positions on the depth chart are pushing each other, which will only make the team better as the days and weeks tick away closer to fall.
- I have mentioned it before but will say it again, Will Johnson's injury is considered minor and he tweaked something, which is why he hasn't been practicing recently.

That's all I have for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News