ADVERTISEMENT

Insider HQH Plus: What we know regarding Blake Corum's pending decision

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
I want to preface this post with that it will include a lot of opinions. Before you get upset, these opinions are well-sourced and they are multiple. From those with connections inside Schembechler and elsewhere, this is everything I've gathered since the news broke that Corum is planning to announce his decision today at 2 p.m. on The Rich Eisen Show.

It is my BEST GUESS that Corum will announce his return to Michigan on the show. There has been some increasing optimism in recent weeks that he could return and those I speak with BELIEVE he will be back. I say there is a belief because the opinion is strong with multiple people I speak with but his ultimate decision hasn't made its rounds inside the building just yet and there's probably a good reason for that.

This is where NIL shows the good side of things. If he does decide to stay, you can expect that he is going to be taken care of from a NIL standpoint with a deal that is far more valuable in Ann Arbor than it would be to test the draft waters.

I also think he returns due to the fact that he's announcing on Eisen's show, the biggest U-M fan on national television. I find it hard to see a scenario where he goes on that show to deliver bad news to not only Eisen but to the U-M fanbase. Of course, I could be completely off base and that's fine, the optics would come off as strange.

Here's what I THINK will happen. Corum will go on the show to announce he is returning to the program to generate some excitement after this whole Harbaugh debacle has rocked the boat with morale amongst the fanbase. He will use his platform to help promote Valiant's 'One More Year Fund'. He will talk about the importance of it and encourage others to try and persuade the other potential draft prospects to return next season.

Again, this isn't sourced, just thinking about what makes the most sense with this announcement on national television.

This is my long-winded post to spell out what I am hearing as well as what I think is going to happen. I can't speak with certainty until I hear definitive word of what's going to happen one way or the other.

We'll all find out what he plans to do shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News