ADVERTISEMENT

How in the world is holding almost never called on opposing

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
OL’s vs our defense? We have one of the best, fastest, most aggressive defenses in the country and nobody ever holds our guys?

What gives? Calls are missed here and there like a huge missed hold on Winovich in the State game but as this year progresses the lack of holds is getting ridiculous.

Welcome to officiating in college football and more specifically the BIG. That's what happens when you have a bunch of part timers that are 60 yrs old. Winovich has been tackled more than some of our RB's this year and yeah very few calls.

But they had MSU's back last night when Moo U needed them...

I know there have been some theories about why Harbaugh has been less demonstrative this year. If he has been and whatever the reason may be, fine, stay less demonstrative but someone in the department needs to share some facts and film with the league.

Refs are ruining the game imo on every level. They are so bad and bias most the time its hard to believe it human error. Refs have cost us 2 games against msu just since Harbaugh has been here and everyone knows the story of last years game at osu. No way last years loss at osu was human error, over a dozen calls and no calls all one way. I dont know what Urban and Dantonio do but whatever it is JIm needs to follow. Both of msu's td's this year were because of penalties and blatantly obvious non calls. I honestly believe if UM would of took the lead, msu would of been giving stupid penalties all the way down the field.

I was actually shocked the other day when the called grounding against minnesota. Kicking Metillus out of the game was another joke, how many guys have we lost to a horrible call the last few years. Bolden being kicked out against msu was another freakin joke that lead to one of msu scores and another score late in the game when they attacked where bolden would be with the fb sneaking out on a wheel route. There were a couple other targeting calls we had that were stupid as well.

every week anymore it seems like we have to beat the refs and the other team. they seem to always stall our drives while extending our opponents drives on bullshit calls or flipping the field on made up or non called special team calls

What's interesting to me is that I can honestly say in all my years of watching Michigan football, I have NEVER been a big ref basher, conspiracy theorist, etc.

I was bummed about Desmond getting tripped.
I was bummed about a terrible spot on the 95 MSU game.
The Charles White fumble in the Rose Bowl.
The list for all sorts of teams, not just Michigan can go on and on.
But I have always said..well, if we played better as we should have, we wouldn't have been in that position.

What has happened the last couple of years now in particular, and in bits and pieces back in 2015 has been ridiculous on so many levels.
The MSU game in 2015 was bad but not even close to the worst.
The MSU game last year, albeit in a UM win and the OSU game not even counting the spot were atrocious.
And in general, the lack of holds called against opposing OLs is getting to the point of comedy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT