ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops recruiting bump...

chancellor1

Junior
Sep 1, 2006
Much has been made over the fact that our tourney runs haven't resulted in a recruiting bump. I think they have but not in the way most expected. We are not going toe to toe with duke and Kentucky or pulling in top 5 classes. What we have become is a destination for kids who feel a little underrated. Kids who have a chip and feel they are better than their ranking on a website. Kids who want to work and know they have a coach who can get then to the next level. I would argue if we aren't going to turn into a one and done factory, which we aren't, this is where we want to be. Grabbing kids with upside who will stay longer than a year or two and fit our system and culture. X, poole, Matthews and now brooks doesn't seem like much more than avg recruiting for a power 5 school to some, but to me looks like the groundwork for another deep run. Young is the key here going forward, a perfect 4 for us. Let's lock him down with another top wing in 17. Wilkes would be outstanding, I'd still like Cain and would even take eastern to play as a wing. Then Johns in 18...this thing is rolling again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News