ADVERTISEMENT

Hey SpartanNations! Our Golden Calf in Ann Arbor

scfanblue

Senior
Oct 25, 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
Had a couple fish jump in the boat yesterday. One from was Florida and the other New Mexico. Wonder how many more will follow this week.
shock.r191677.gif

The spins from Sparty is that Harbaugh screwed over Malzone...

because you aren't allowed to recruit two QBs in a class.
roll.r191677.gif

Re: Better yet-one of them picked downtrodden UM over awesome MSU.*

In case you haven't heard spartan nation jumped out of the boat to make room for many more fish- the search continues for spartan nation as he has gone silent hmmmm wonder why?

could it be the Miami O flip?

Cole Chewins has had a change of heart. And the Michigan State football teams stands to benefit.
Chewins, a 6-foot-8, 230-pound offensive and defensive lineman from Clarkston, committed Thursday night to play for the Spartans next season, after initially committing to Miami (Ohio).

Chewins signed on as a grey shirt. And your boy Harbaugh was pursuing him as well. Just the facts.
Texas cooled on Gentry as they are pursuing dual threat QB's. The kid is the #4 player in New Mexico, lol. At his height he would be the tallest QB in the NFL. Good luck.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 1/25 9:28 AM by SpartansNation

No luck played for JH at Stanford - so you didn't drown when you jumped from the boat- good news! Stay tuned more fish coming and so is redemption to MD

Originally posted by SpartansNation:
Chewins signed on as a grey shirt. And your boy Harbaugh was pursuing him as well. Just the facts.
Texas cooled on Gentry as they are pursuing dual threat QB's. The kid is the #4 player in New Mexico, lol. At his height he would be the tallest QB in the NFL. Good luck.

Keep posting. This is pure comedy gold

Originally posted by tkirschner:

Keep posting. This is pure comedy gold
When you post something, at least have the correct information. He is the #1 rated player in New Mexico and the #4 rated PRO STYLE QB- in the NATION. Also. Please look at the offers he has received. If he is good enough to be offered by Nick Saban and Charlie Strong, then I assure you he can play in Ann Arbor. What's funny is the amount of worry coming from the Spartan fan base. I work with several of your alumni and everyone makes the same comment. "man it sucks that Harbaugh was hired." http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Zach-Gentry-142889

How many QB's has Saban put in the NFL?? Saban is a lot of things, a QB guru he is not. I'm sure New Mexico football is second to none...Look, Harbaugh will do well, but You guys are already booking air and hotel to the Natty next year... It's comical.

So we went from no fish in the boat to booking airfare for the NC- who did that? And now your boy Sabah is clueless to?

Never said Saban is clueless. Don't put words in my mouth. The level of competition in New Mexico is not very good--just a fact. A LOT of your fans are talking 11-2 12-1 record next year. Haha

Highly doubt UM goes 11-2/12-1 next year or beats either OSU or MSU however I believe right or wrong- JH has a really good chance of restoring UM to the level of respect they once had- and that is what has the Spartys so riled up. can't wait to see the handshake between JH/ MD and JH/UM it is goog for theBIG and then let the best team of the 3 play for NC

How many QB's has Saban put in the NFL?? Saban is a lot of things, a QB guru he is not. I'm sure New Mexico football is second to none...Look, Harbaugh will do well, but You guys are already booking air and hotel to the Natty next year... It's comical.
Does that really matter? The question is how many National Championships has he won at Alabama? He has done that with a good QB every year they have won it. A QB that is good enough to win at the college level. Oh yeah, he also one a NC at LSU as well. I forgot that one. As far as New Mexico prep football-who cares? Obviously Gentry was good enough to be rated 4 stars nationally. That is not easy to do for a kid regardless what state they are in. Michigan prep football is not that great overall and cannot begin to compare with Ohio and Pennsylvania. Both MSU and UM have recruited some very good players from the state however. Finally, we are not booking anything for next year or the year after that, however, we do know the potential that a program like UM could be with the right person leading the program. Even under Loyd Carr, UM underachieved more than they actually achieved. UM tried another road with RR and tried to bring back the past with Hoke. Harbaugh, is not either and will modernize Michigan football. Just like Saban did at Alabama, Jim Harbaugh will turn them into a powerhouse every year. There will be no Appalachian States and their will be no more MSU physically pushing them around. Just not going to happen under Jim Harbaugh. This is why MSU fans are on here posting ridiculous comments. Hell, even OSU fans know its going to happen. 10 wins next year and probably beating MSU. Get ready bud it's coming. Hoke did one great thing. He recruited very well. Harbaugh will take immediate advantage of that next year. 10 wins and then more and more and more and little brother returns to his place at the table.

This post was edited on 1/25 12:24 PM by scfanblue

Never said Saban is clueless. Don't put words in my mouth. The level of competition in New Mexico is not very good--just a fact. A LOT of your fans are talking 11-2 12-1 record next year. Haha
now that's hilarious. Name one poster who has claimed UM will win the NC. Or name one who claims we will go 11-2 or 12-1. I think you're simply making crap up as you go.

Even funnier is your attempt to discount harbaugh landing gentry after your initial posts blazing harbaugh for not having any commitments. And then claiming Harbaugh is going after chewins, trying to highlight a recruiting fail to fuel your argument. Honestly, I read every recruiting update and have never heard of the kid. As if it matters anyway.

Let me bottom line things for you. Harbaugh will do well. The fan base has a National Championship or bust mentality. You will improve and get back to winning, that's not a doubt. However, there are lots of threads on your boards (go to your main board)that MSU's pending demise is sealed by the hiring of Harbaugh. It's a truly arrogant view and shows a total lack of understanding about the current landscape of college football and the program that Dantonio has built. Your success or failure is not mutually exclusive to MSU.

Haven't seen anything close to that prediction from Michigan fans. Keep up the nonsense tho

I for one don't think there will be a demise at MSU- but watching for the last 7 years it has been MSU and OSU the way that it used to be with UM/OSU. I really felt anything short of a Harbaugh hire-throw in maybe Miles- and things would have stayed that way- but now I feel we will compete with any program in the country and watching MSU push UM around is over- it will make for great games.

Let me bottom line things for you. Harbaugh will do well. The fan base has a National Championship or bust mentality. You will improve and get back to winning, that's not a doubt. However, there are lots of threads on your boards (go to your main board)that MSU's pending demise is sealed by the hiring of Harbaugh. It's a truly arrogant view and shows a total lack of understanding about the current landscape of college football and the program that Dantonio has built. Your success or failure is not mutually exclusive to MSU.
Any program that is worth its salt should have a National Championship or bust mentality. I don't recall anyone on this board predicting a national championship next year or any year thereafter. We do, however, predict Michigan becoming a regular season powerhouse each and every year that Jim Harbaugh is in Ann Arbor and yes they will eventually be a regular contender for the playoffs. How can you predict this? Based upon his coaching record in college and the fact that he led the 49er's to a 44-19 record as an NFL head coach. Now, throw in the fact, that he played at Michigan, understands the environment, played pro football, coached pro football which included a Super Bowl appearance, and has assembled a PROVEN staff around him that pretty much sums up what you call arrogance. It's not arrogance. It a huge fan base that has clamored for Michigan football to become modern like our conference rivals have over the past decade. UM and it arrogant leadership has been the enemy for many many years. That has ended with Harbaugh's hiring. This is not Rich Rodriquez (builder of a Big East power in WVU) or Brady Hoke who coached at Miami (Oh) and SDSU before coming to AA. We understand what the current landscape is and we understand what your coach has done in East Lansing. We also know that we will become better than we probably ever have been and it will not take years to do it. Hoke recruited well and Jim Harbaugh will take that and compete to the wire every year with both Dantonio and Meyer.

This post was edited on 1/25 1:35 PM by scfanblue

That is 100% false. But keep posting, your lack of intelligence is quite comical.

Heck, most UM fans I know are predicting 7-8 wins next season. I actually think Harbaugh might do better than that because Hoke did recruit fairly well and I suspect there will be a completely new culture more conducive for winning. I don't know one UM fan that thinks we are going to play for the NC next season...in fact, most don't think we will beat MSU or OSU next season. I would expect his second year to be even better and then the third season he competes for championships.

Look who is calling who "arrogant". Ha !!! And you should stop thinking you know the Michigan fan base.

Originally posted by rojo36:
Look who is calling who "arrogant". Ha !!! And you should stop thinking you know the Michigan fan base.
Have some knowledge from the first post made by SpartanNations Rojo before trying to sit on the fence and then chiming in. His original post is the epitome of arrogance and if you don't like the responses aimed at him then paint yourself green and cheer for Dumbtonio. Please don't refer to yourself as a Michigan fan because your not with that weakling response.

This post was edited on 1/25 1:53 PM by scfanblue

Per Jay Harbaugh tweet take cover another fish is headed to the boat - say 5 star te? Sorry spartan nation just sayin

And another - U conn linemen- sorry no room in this boat but don't worry JH is sending another one can't have to many fish can it?

Look who's putting words in others mouths now. Check that. That's what you've been doing this whole time you when decided to become a regular member of this board.

This post was edited on 1/25 12:22 PM by GoBlue_since1985

fact: you are full of crap and crack

Texas had NOT cooled on Gentry.

Any more than Michigan had cooled on Malzone.

Stop making up shit, like Gentry was No. 4 in N.M., when he was No. 1.

Speaking of No. 1, that's the ranking you have earned here as bull-shitter.

Go Blue. Always.

it is no coincidence

MSU rose during Michigan's valley.

Harbaugh and Michigan will restore Michigan to No. 1 in the state and that means MSU resumes losing to Michigan.

When that happens your program will lose a lot of mojo, just as your basketball program has. What you just saw the past couple of years was your program's pinnacle.

Go Blue. Always.

This post was edited on 1/25 2:29 PM by Blue_note

you guys should stick to.....

Yapping about how stars don't matter and his gig guys development talent better. You're gig to lose the recruiting smack down every time.

Let me bottom line something for you.
Are you a college coach?
Are you a college coach who coaches at the highest level?
Are you a college coach who coaches at the highest level and can develop players to there full potential?
Do you know how to recruit?
Do you know how to recruit and see what kind of player that recruit will become?

You see all these things, Jim Harbaugh IS. And YOU (Talking to you SpartansNation) are not. If any of us Michigan fans has high hopes for what's ahead for UM because of his track record, there is absolutely no problem with that. You are not the final authority on all things Blue and Maize.
I personally think UM could win at least 9 or 10 games next season, BUT I'm NOT the entire fan base. That's ONE opinion of just many, many, many fans.
Also, stop calling JH a golden calf. You have know idea what kind of a person that makes you look like.

Look, I don't want to be collateral damage, but here is my two cents. I think the 3 best coaches in the Big Ten are Meyer, Dantonio, and Harbaugh (I know he hasn't coached a game in the B1G). These guys all know what they are doing. This will be very similar to the battles that Florida, Miami, and Florida State had back in the day. If one doesn't clip you, the other one will. I love the thought of a meat grinder schedule in the Big Ten. Wisconsin, Penn State, and Minnesota are just a step behind and more than capable of being punji sticks to championship hopes. My Buckeyes may get taken out in a game to my chagrin, but I love the thought of having exciting games week in and week out. Now let me get my shield and helmet and have at it.

Better yet cancel the season and schedule a MSU and OSU ship- really you are full of you Spartans after just a couple good years adios

MSU fans saying UM is arrogant is hypocritical....

The arrogance displayed by MSU fans over the past few seasons ranks up there with the arrogance displayed by any fan base I've seen. Listen to your coach-"The Pride Comes Before the Fall." It doesn't just apply to UM.

No, we shouldn't be predicting 11-2 or 12-1 for next year...

...but 15-0. I'm totally confident. UM will win the NC next year and the next 3 years after that.

And not only will Sparty lose to U-M next year, but it's entirely likely that MSU will not win a game as long as Harbaugh is U-M coach. Dan Antonio and crew will be so busy quaking in their boots in fear that they will not be able to beat WMU, CMU, etc.
roll.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT