ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 4th of July! True leadership on display 239 years ago...

Dhanihop55

All-League
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2014
Happy 4th of July to all members of the Fort.

Every year I have made a habit of re-reading the Declaration of Independence. And every year I am amazed at the leadership that we had at the helm some 239 years ago. If you try and place yourself in a world back then, it is truly amazing the leaders we had at that time. If you read the document it is amazing and very clear their intentions in separating from the Monarchy of England. They took a firm stance that the current course of action was unacceptable and that there were certain rights provided to every human being. Now you can certainly get into their true intentions "All Men are created equal" as we all know, did not mean all. It simply meant all white, land owning men. But the foundation of that document set forth the foundation of a wonderful set of values. Values that we sometimes seem to forget.

These men took action to separate themselves from one of the most powerful governments in the history of mankind. They established general guidelines that we still draw on today. There are not many documents authored 200+ years ago that can still be applied today.

So for all those men that sat in the halls of Philadelphia a mere 239 years ago, Cheers to you! We have a long way to go to truly accomplish the words in that document. Sometimes though you need that person to show others what is truly possible. To forge a new path that is unknown to mankind. It's clear to me that we have that kind of leader in Harbaugh at the helm of Michigan football. Granted it is somewhat wrong to draw a parallel to the separation and creation of the United States of America, to the rebirth of Michigan football, but I think there is certainly a similar leader at the top of UM football.

For all those that have given the ultimate sacrifice to uphold and protect the values we all hold to be self evident, I say THANK YOU. And to those that have served and continue to serve our great nation, I say THANK YOU.

It's a great and wonderful country that we all get to live in today.

Have a great 4th of July & Go Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News