ADVERTISEMENT

Had a very interesting convo about Harbaugh and twitter

MichaelSpath

Michigan Man
Aug 28, 2002
over the weekend with someone that works for Michigan. Said that marketing and media relations are nervous, nervous, nervous about him on twitter. Said that U-M is very used to vetting everything a coach does, but that Harbaugh has essentially said, 'I'm going to do whatever I want to do.'

For instance, after all that SEC talk last week about the satellite camps, Harbaugh added the lines to the coaching brochure Michigan sent out without talking to anyone about it. Just threw it in there as a clear rebuttal to the SEC.

That column I wrote last week where I said he's announced, 'you want to fight, pick a time and a place and I'll show up' is just so much his personality. It's interesting to me because this person said there are already folks at Michigan bristling at the way Harbaugh does things. I think if you asked most in the media, they would actually say 'good' because they don't really care for the way Michigan does things.

Anyway, it should be a very interesting fall and a very interesting few years. Hopefully a decade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News