ADVERTISEMENT

GR3

tarun262

All-League
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2007
No idea why the heck he left...not like he needed the money! He's at the end of the bench for a really crappy team and will likely be cut by next year and head to play in Europe. He could have easily stayed another year and really developed and would have likely been a Top 20 pick.

Sad to see NS struggling in the NBA...I really like NS but I somehow feel like he has hit his ceiling of success. Burke & TH Jr doing well and can't wait to see McGary who I think will be the best of the bunch.

GR3 was the one UM player over the past few years that definitely should have stayed another year. Yes, he is a very good athlete but his ball-handling and shooting were always suspect, along with a questionable motor. He and Levert would have been the go to guys this season which would have helped him become a first round pick in the next NBA draft where he would have received a guaranteed contract. It just didn't seem like a very smart move.

I thought GR3 made the right decision. Why you ask? Because he didn't

want to be in college. I am surprised he even came back after his frosh year. Some kids just want to play ball in the NBA.

He is ready for the NBA although mentally he needs to get stronger. He could have improved coming back but he didn't want to be here no more than that kid from MSU (Taylor) who was a PG about 10-15 years ago.

In hindsight he could have made more money going after his frosh year. He got a 1/2 million and he may not even have been drafted if he stayed another year. :(

Reality Man

Beilein does such a fantastic job developing players that I really think GR3 would have been better served staying another year. He really needed work with his ball-handling and shooting which Beilein specializes in developing. I completely believe another year in the program would have assured him a first round pick which undoubtedly would have made it easier for him to stick in the NBA longer. Of course, there are questions about his motor which ultimately may prevent him from sticking in the league very long. I hope he keeps working and reaches his potential.

Re: I thought GR3 made the right decision. Why you ask? Because he didn't

I can buy that arguement - GR3 seemed like he was not a "team" player - he was upset he was playing out of position even though that was the best for the team. It's a shame - I look at how much TH Jr helped himself by staying another year and look at what he is doing now - GR3 is very tentative.

Still though - one thing we should not forget - even the Fab 5 didn't make it to the NBA - I think only 4 of them played NBA games where as every single player from our finals run 2 years ago that started is now in the NBA. Pretty incredible if you come to think about it - and I would say GR3 was the most touted to make it to the Pros when he came out with Mitch being a wildcard. Love JB - I hope when he decides to hang it up he becomes our AD...I think he would be amazing!

Just an observation mnstinks. GR3 looks lost and did in preseason as well. Just timid and unless MN gets him a shrink I don't his mental makeup improving.

Nik is in a wrong team for his talent. I think that he will seek trade after the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT