ADVERTISEMENT

Giving up A LOT of goals

z_for_three

Heisman
Mar 19, 2007
7 goals against tonight - albeit 2 empty netters - still, 5 goals is too much. Granted, Wisconsin is a Top 10 team, as was Minnesota last weekend. I know we have some very young defensemen in the line-up and sophomore goalies, but how can we get better defensively? We've always seem to have our best hockey teams when our forwards like Hagelin, Madden, Nystrom, Cammalleri, Caporusso, Ortmeyer, etc. played great two-way hockey, providing outstanding defense in addition to their offensive talent.

So, do we have some guys on the roster who can develop into strong two-way players? Or, is this going to be an issue all year that needs to be plugged in recruiting?

7 goals against tonight - albeit 2 empty netters - still, 5 goals is too much. Granted, Wisconsin is a Top 10 team, as was Minnesota last weekend. I know we have some very young defensemen in the line-up and sophomore goalies, but how can we get better defensively? We've always seem to have our best hockey teams when our forwards like Hagelin, Madden, Nystrom, Cammalleri, Caporusso, Ortmeyer, etc. played great two-way hockey, providing outstanding defense in addition to their offensive talent.

So, do we have some guys on the roster who can develop into strong two-way players? Or, is this going to be an issue all year that needs to be plugged in recruiting?

Just one eng. The 7th was a snipe after Lavigne was back in the net.

But yeah, they actually played a pretty good game tonight. Dominated shots, shot attempts, faceoffs....just got out-goalied and I didn't even think their guy was that great. Hit a couple posts and missed a couple of real good chances.

JLF has been yanked back to back games after we thought he had solidified his hold on the job, which is real disappointing.

I'd take our team over theirs, minus the goalie.

At least 4 Wisconsin goals were directly off of great Michigan chances that were stopped/posts.

Thought the refs were abysmal tonight. I've hated Mcinchak for going on 20 years. Big calls against us on Slaker (WEAK slash) and Warren (got hauled down going to the net and somehow got called for elbowing), and the customary waived off goal.

Play that same game tomorrow and we split that series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT