ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread Jan 23 Fri @Wisconsin (m)

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
The Badgers have shown some signs that they're emerging from their season-long slump. 16th-ranked Michigan takes college hockey's longest winning streak, five games, into the Kohl Center in Madison where they haven't won since 2006.

This post was edited on 1/23 3:17 PM by Bob Miller

I'm jacked for this game. I know UM can't win them all but I really want them to sweep this series.

Go Blue!!!!

Tonight's line chart sure is interesting. Nieves is scratched (did he get hurt last weekend?). Sinelli is back on defense, but they are also adding De Jong to the line up (7 defensemen). There is no listed fourth line center (Sinelli there if the regular D does their job?). Racine will get the start.

Re: Wisconsin scores an early PP goal to take a 1-0 lead (nm)

Thanks, Steve. Could you reply to the original post in the thread so that the thread doesn't grow too wide? Thanks, Bob

Really appreciate your help. I'm not free either tonight or tomorrow night to be on here all that often.

Wisconsin has scored another PP goal, taking a 3-1 lead...

Badgers given a 5 minute power play with roughly 2 minutes left in first so lots of power play time to go.

That was an awful first period. Unfortunately for us, Wisconsin doesn't have awful goalies like Ohio State.

Road win was big, bumps Michigan up to #13 in the Pairwise...

that is also the first win of the season for Michigan after giving up 3 first period goals. They lost the previous 4 games where that happened. Take an hour and enjoy that, then get ready for tomorrow night.

Great game!

Racine's poor play aside and the dumb penalty to Tony and the game was picture perfect. Man, those pretty passes from Larkin and the finishes by Hyman and Selman are SOOOOO fun to watch.

I've been following UM hockey for about 4 years now and Dylan Larkin is the best forward I've seen them dress. He is SO fun to watch. He skates well, is strong on the puck, passes wonderfully and finishes well. Did I mention how fun to watch he is?!

Geez, that was sick actually, the way we toyed with them the last 35 minutes of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT