ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread?....how about this one...

Orrrr, maybe JH isn't the second coming of Christ? Nah just blame Hoke some more
You are an idiot ? This team is coached so well it is ridiculous. They should be blown out by now but it's only 17-10 you moron. Imagine what he will do after 2 years of recruiting if you understand football but clearly you don't because your only 12 years old

Hoke is old news but facts are facts. UM is slow and not very elusive at rb. Would you agree?

Harbaugh is trying to do something about it.

One trend that I still have yet to see about this team...over the past 12.75 games now, we have had 10 turnovers created. Zero today - this team has really struggled in creating turnovers. We are -2 again today. That has been what has plagued us the past couple years the most. I just don't buy that we just somehow manage to play teams that are so good at protecting the ball versus being able to make plays on D...good D but not great.

You are an idiot ? This team is coached so well it is ridiculous. They should be blown out by now but it's only 17-10 you moron. Imagine what he will do after 2 years of recruiting if you understand football but clearly you don't because your only 12 years old

Michigan had a top ten defense nationally last year. Can't credit all the defensive talent to JH already.

I have to agree. This defense is going to be good again this year. Need playmakers. RBs slow and need a stud QB and playmakers at WR. I think this team improves each week. I really do. It's time and more speed.

The key to that play was that on the previous play Smith made a bad read so Utah was sitting on the route. He makes the right cut...then it's 3rd and 1 or 1st down.

An example of a mediocre team.

Every ball thrown to Perry has been incomplete this game - all 5 of them. Why are we still throwing to the kid - he is a great blocker but too raw to catch. We need to use Darboh and Chessun a heck of a lot more.

I think Rudock has been okay...definitely an improvement over the last couple of yea. He is going to need help to keep defenses honest.

Rudock sucks, the OL looks weak. Strong defense, lots of WR talent. With a few years think JH will rebuild the program; will take a few years imo

That 4th down call was a good example where the defense just flooded inside the tackles where Kalis looked to be pulling and outside was available.

It is hard to run when you have a 7 guys on the line plus a fb and then 9 guys in the box. It's crowded in there.

Saw some good things but a lot of bad habits these players just can not get rid of. Turnovers, lack of individual spectacular plays (except for Butt), lack of an ability to create turnovers, lack of speed, lack of vision by RBs (Devon missed a huge hole before the INT returned for a TD). Offensive line looks a little better then it did - they are not that bad and Ruddock had tons of time. The team needs a sense of urgency and a lot of heart. They really need to stop talking about the amazing camps they have had. We will get there though - I expect that we keep improving week or week versus last year but we really need to create turnovers!

Glad to see Perry has settled down. You are spot on with the issues. The turnover bug is still a problem. Rudock may not have lost this game but his mistakes did hurt. Made a game still winnable...unwinnable.

As someone mentioned...maybe Harbaugh is going to have to think about moving Peppers into the backfield a little more often.

Team looks better but MISTAKES really hurt this team and Smith may be the slowest tailback in college football history.

It'll take time unfortunately, we'll get there. This was a game where you make one of those long throws and we are going into OT or you take away one of those turnovers and we likely win the game. The optimism is that even during wins last year we looked horrible...we looked a tad bit better on the road. Utah is not a team I think. The 3 turnovers aside I think the worst part of the game was when we had 2nd an 1 at the 30 yard line and we could not get a single yard...not one yard! That's pathetic on all fronts. The O-line still was unable to get a push. If you can't get 1 yard on 3 tries, you are not a team that will ever succeed running the ball regardless of who you are.

It'll take time unfortunately, we'll get there. This was a game where you make one of those long throws and we are going into OT or you take away one of those turnovers and we likely win the game. The optimism is that even during wins last year we looked horrible...we looked a tad bit better on the road. Utah is not a team I think. The 3 turnovers aside I think the worst part of the game was when we had 2nd an 1 at the 30 yard line and we could not get a single yard...not one yard! That's pathetic on all fronts. The O-line still was unable to get a push. If you can't get 1 yard on 3 tries, you are not a team that will ever succeed running the ball regardless of who you are.
AGP. O line still looked awful. Has Funk ruined them? Time will tell.

I see the game a little differently than Tarun.

I didn't think the game was really that close. Utah was better. UM doesn't know how to win yet against good teams.

I saw many many positives that this team can win some games. Rudock made some mistakes but he is better than anything I have seen over the last 2 years including Morris.

The wr's look better. Butt looks great. Rudock did some things but can become more accurate. Defense looked solid. ST's good.

The running game is still a challenge. Harbaugh has got to find a way to unclog the middle. Smith isn't the answer unless later in the game a defense is tired.

They need to throw the ball to setup the run. You need to make them pay for putting 9 men in the box. Do some play action and throw to the WR downfield. After some long plays the defense will stop helping up front. I Think Rudock will be more relaxed playing at home this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT