ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread?....how about this one...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
nice drive by Utah. They look to have the necessary speed on the perimeter against the lber's.

Decent drive by UM. Nice throw to Butt. I could tell that last pass was going to be a problem when it was a timing play and the wr/qb were just not on the same page.

You can tell UM really needs a quick rb. Unless a dominant line...bigger backs are going to get bottled up especially against a good DL.

I agree. You can still see some issues with speed. Nice punt coverage. Nice.

Rudock looks like he can get the ball to the Butt but can he get some help from the run game and another wr.

This team on offense looks Brady Hoke slow.

Great play on the punt. Special teams are already obviously better.
I agree with Alablue. Utah's game plan is obvious. Stop the run and make the QB and receivers beat you. It is exactly how MSU plays defense. Make the game one dimensional. Our defense is finding a groove. Wormley is a beast.

Secondary looks a little shabby right now - hopefully we adjust a little and start pressuring the WRs at the line of scrimmage. I hate soft coverage. Our D-line is getting enough pressure and penetration. We look a lot more adept on offense and I don't mind the INT given it was better then had we missed a FG. I want to see 2nd half adjustments - something we did not see at all last year.

I actually think UM is playing well but somehow UM is going to need to open up some holes. The lack of rb speed is painful to watch. Dang.....sllloooooowwww.

Jake is an intelligent QB and will only get better as the game goes on.

Btw I happened by the Nebraska board just prior to tonight's game to look for comments on Jake transferring to UM the board was nothing but full of hate regarding Michigan on the game thread.

Question is why?

Watching Rudock...he is a decent BT qb but when I watched him play at Iowa vs. Nebraska...he clearly wasn't a great deep ball thrower. He looks like he can throw it with some velocity but doesn't get enough air under the ball on the deep throws. The last int was a very poor throw.

I would possibly...possibly look at Morris for a wildcat play...see how it works. Maybe let him throw it deep...nothing short.

Game is winnable. Defense has been very solid. Good pass rush.

Michigan should be up 17-10. Rudock missed 2 wide open throws. Fellas, our running backs really suck. It's not the OL. Their has been huge holes in the zone scheme but the backs simply can't hit it including Issac. We may see Morris this half. The 1st int was the wr fault. The 2nd was all Rudock. If Morris does not get a trial series then Rudock will be there all year. The defense is good right now. For all of those on this blog who have been clamoring about the importance of recruiting stars. Green was a 5 star and Smith a 4 star who was offered by EVERYONE!!!!!!! I told you the stars were bullshit!!!!!!

Did you hear Balas sort of mock recruiting sites. Give him credit for being honest.

Out of Green and Smith..who can get outside? This is another problem since everybody just funnels inside. If you don't keep a run defense honest outside the tackles then you are really fighting an uphill battle.

Then you basically have to be a proficient passing attack and unfortunately that isn't UM right now.

Reactions: jacspartan
Michigan should be up 17-10. Rudock missed 2 wide open throws. Fellas, our running backs really suck. It's not the OL. Their has been huge holes in the zone scheme but the backs simply can't hit it including Issac. We may see Morris this half. The 1st int was the wr fault. The 2nd was all Rudock. If Morris does not get a trial series then Rudock will be there all year. The defense is good right now. For all of those on this blog who have been clamoring about the importance of recruiting stars. Green was a 5 star and Smith a 4 star who was offered by EVERYONE!!!!!!! I told you the stars were bullshit!!!!!!

I hate the dancing around - Smith loves to dance around. Better to get 2 yards straight forward then dance around and lose 1. We can not run at all. No runners run with conviction. Peppers is slightly struggling as well. Ruddock needs help at WR - Perry is too young and raw. We have no skilled WRs for him to throw to unfortunately.

This OL has to open up holes because these rb's aren't juking anyone...not even a 50 year old slow white guy like myself. :)

Is it me or is AJ Williams the worst TE in the history of TEs? He has zero atheticism - let's please stop passing to him. He would drop the ball if we handed it to him.

Did you see the JC transfer from Utah...see how he got outside. Could run laterally.

Good call by refs on that hold.

Boys. I was wrong the entire time about one thing. Michigan simply doesn't have the players. It is going to take Harbaugh 3 years to build Michigan and he will. They are very well coached. Hoke and his staff ruined many of the current players. Harbaugh will have a great class this year and simply needs to get back to the south this summer and recruit some speed. Wow we are painfully slow in many areas. Harbaugh needs a QB/ RB's and WR's. How bad is it that he had to go out and bring a 5th year QB who still beat out Morris. Saban had the same struggles his first year and it took him 3 years.

Yeah we look incredibly slow actually - we are making their QB look like Denard out there. Speed is a must in college football in this day and age and we completely lack it. Chesson, who is fast does not know how to use his speed in the game. I still believe and have hope for this season - we will get better. Hopefully this is a humbling experience for us. Also, I hope media stops talking about Peppers - he has a LONG way to go befoer he can even be in the same comps as Woodson. A LONG WAY TO GO!

I don't think UM is that far away but they are clearly a few spots away.

1. HIgh end qb. Maybe O'korn...but a guy who can throw the ball anywhere.
2. Speed and elusiveness at the rb position.
3. Playmakers.
4. Speed at lb'er.

I see some good things and Utah is a good team. Just think UM is weak at some very important spots. Maybe even a great center.

Look at this game...UM couldn't (so far) close the deal and score points. It has left around 10 pts on the field.

Just look at this game so far. Just focus on plays on the field.

Left an easy td on the field -4 pts. Easy play. Good teams convert.
Missed a fg...but so did Utah.
Drop by Darboh.

Basically it should be 17-10 or so. Lacking playmakers/closers.

I remember advocating Smith as a fb. He sure looks like a fb when he runs.

Nice throw by Rudock. I don't think Rudock has played poorly...just hasn't made some big plays. The 2nd int didn't really hurt UM.

Playmakers wanted. Please apply.

Boys. I was wrong the entire time about one thing. Michigan simply doesn't have the players. It is going to take Harbaugh 3 years to build Michigan and he will. They are very well coached. Hoke and his staff ruined many of the current players. Harbaugh will have a great class this year and simply needs to get back to the south this summer and recruit some speed. Wow we are painfully slow in many areas. Harbaugh needs a QB/ RB's and WR's. How bad is it that he had to go out and bring a 5th year QB who still beat out Morris. Saban had the same struggles his first year and it took him 3 years.
Orrrr, maybe JH isn't the second coming of Christ? Nah just blame Hoke some more

Peppers did not get any experience last year on the field and I can tell you that he is no where near the player that Charles Woodson was even in Woodson's early years. Peppers is good but is an example of today's recruiting. He played in New Jersey where prep football is not very good. He will be fine but I do not see at this point what the hype has been.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT