ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1 Utah Thoughts/Predictions

vic.valiant

Sophomore
Jun 9, 2010
Utah was a solid team last year however a quick look at the numbers indicates that they were a bit of an over achiever. Their offense and defense was middling at best however they were stellar in special teams, interceptions and sacks/tackles for loss.

In 2014 Michigan out gained Utah, out first downed Utah, out Time of Posessioned Utah, out rushed Utah etc. But they had a total of six second half possessions that resulted in Punt, Downs, Interception, Interception, Fumble, Downs.

It was one of the most inept offensive performances I have ever witnessed from a Michigan squad and I believe had Michigan simply held on to the ball the game would have been won.

Water under the bridge.

The Utah faithful are very confident about their squad's chances Thursday but I don't see it.

Their o-line should be improved with lots of returning players with significant playing time last year, they return their QB and excellent running back offensively this team will take a step up. Defensively they should be taking a step back.

Michigan D vs Utah O even
Michigan O vs Utah D Michigan
special teams Utah.
coaching / intangibles / luck Michigan

I like our chances here IF we hold on to the ball which I think we will.

Michigan 31 Utah 20

Go Blue!

Utah was a solid team last year however a quick look at the numbers indicates that they were a bit of an over achiever. Their offense and defense was middling at best however they were stellar in special teams, interceptions and sacks/tackles for loss.

In 2014 Michigan out gained Utah, out first downed Utah, out Time of Posessioned Utah, out rushed Utah etc. But they had a total of six second half possessions that resulted in Punt, Downs, Interception, Interception, Fumble, Downs.

It was one of the most inept offensive performances I have ever witnessed from a Michigan squad and I believe had Michigan simply held on to the ball the game would have been won.

Water under the bridge.

The Utah faithful are very confident about their squad's chances Thursday but I don't see it.

Their o-line should be improved with lots of returning players with significant playing time last year, they return their QB and excellent running back offensively this team will take a step up. Defensively they should be taking a step back.

Michigan D vs Utah O even
Michigan O vs Utah D Michigan
special teams Utah.
coaching / intangibles / luck Michigan

I like our chances here IF we hold on to the ball which I think we will.

Michigan 31 Utah 20

Go Blue!
I would give Utah 6 or 7 points for the home field. So it's Michigan by 3 or 4 points.

My prediction:

Michigan 24, Utah 23

Our defense and ST both score a TD and our offense sputters but does just enough and our D gives up no TDs in the 2nd half.

this is easy, mich.31 to 13, rudock will be 18 for 22, ty will have over 100yds, and peppers will pick one off.

Detroit papers are predicting Utah. I will say Utah in a last minute victory but I honestly believe the following will happen.

1. The UM offense will be better than the UM defense. I expect a 28-27 type game.
2. UM will definitely rush for over 100 yards. I see UM controlling the clock but big offensive plays by Utah will counter time of possession.
3. Butt with big game.

This game is going to show exactly what this team has this year. Sure there will be some improvement but fans are going to see what Rudock brings...what Morris can do in the wildcat...the physicality of this team and MOST importantly how this team plays on the road.

If this team can score in the 20's consistently then it should have a very good season. Defense will be solid but Utah has speed as we all saw last year.

Good game tomorrow...gonna be a barn burner.

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT