ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman Q and A: Cutler Martin

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
Freshman Q and A: Cutler Martin

Bruising freshman defenseman Cutler Martin is next up in our freshman Q and A series.

On his familiarity with Michigan's program before his arrival:

"Living in close proximity to Michigan, I have watched this team for many years."

On who his hockey hero was growing up:

"Nick Lidstrom because he was the best defenseman in the NHL. He always conducted himself with class and was a great role model for all hockey players whether you were 10 years old playing Squirt hockey or a fellow teammate in the NHL."

On his playing style:

"I am an aggressive, physical, hard-hitting defensive defenseman. I'd like to improve my consistency and being able to perform at a high level, night in and night out."

On the coach who has had the most influence on him:

"My coach from Victory Honda, Brian Burke, helped me understand the player that I am today and accept my role so that I could be the very best I can be."

On his recruitment to Michigan:

"My recruitment started when I was a junior in high school. I remember my coaches telling me that Michigan was coming to watch. About two years later, I committed to Michigan."

On his off-ice interests:

"My off-ice interests include hunting, whether it be archery or guns. I enjoy being outdoors and spending time with my family and friends."

On his academic interests:

"I plan on majoring in something related to better my understanding of the economy and how to mange businesses."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT