ADVERTISEMENT

For those that say our approach won’t work - a counter

MiamiWolv

All-League
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2006
1) Washington is a bad offensive team but they’re very good on defense. In fact, that’s probably the best secondary we will see all season so let’s not pretend we threw for 50 yards against Rutgers.

2) For years, people have moaned that we have no identity and now we appear to have found one and I love it. Why emulate OSU? Why not become a power rushing team out of the spread? Our two best players are our running backs. Our best skill position recruit is a rb. Why shouldn’t we feature them as much as possible?

3) That third quarter first drive was one of the best in recent years. Literally here it is, stop it and they couldn’t. Skene must have loved that.

4) Is 50 yards passing enough? Of course not. And if that’s the best McNamara can do, then McCarthy will be in there soon enough. My only complaint with the passing game isn’t the number of attempts (I’m fine running it 80% of the time), but with the quality of the pass attempts. If we’re going to throw it 15-20 times, then we need to take deep shots when we do go to the air. Something like the Kyle Shanahan offense. Those bubble screens are basically runs for teams that can’t run the ball. That’s not us.

4) I mean if you’re not excited after that, then maybe this isn’t the sport for you. We’ve looked very good and I think we can get better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News