ADVERTISEMENT

First time to Big House looking for advice

RU-Nick

Jul 23, 2001
Hello UM fans... I'm taking my daughter on a college visit to UM on the weekend of the 25th and would like some advice on gameday. Kickoff is 3:30 so plan on walking the campus and Ann Arbor in the AM and trying to enjoy pre-game festivities around 12-3. Then of course game-on for the RU/UM matchup I have already secured my tickets.
Any insight or suggestions would be much appreciated in particular parking and must see sites when we arrive on campus. Will also stick around AA for the evening and do dinner with a family member in the area so also looking for suggestions for somethign casual but scenic with outdoor seating if possible.
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Dinner after the game is problematic without a reservation. There is outdoor seating at most A2 restaurants particularly those on Main St. Parking is available on the golf course and the high school both across from the stadium Around $60. Stadium lots are annual pass only. I have a pass for sale for $100 for the blue parking lot which is one of the closest to the stadium. It is right next door to Crisler. Tailgating starts in earnest by Noon. Walking to the stadium from campus also works but takes awhile and parking in garages around campus is around $20. Masks are required to enter and exit the stadium, in the stadium restrooms and in all buildings on campus. Your daughter cannot go wrong with a Michigan education. Hope the 2 of you have a great Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT