ADVERTISEMENT

Excited to play LSU - if it happens

SOHOAFFAIR

Heisman
Dec 30, 2005
New York
Assuming Jake is healthy, would be pretty fired up to play them, and with a month to prepare, I like our chances. Other than making the playoffs, and the Rose Bowl, Citrus vs Fiesta vs Orange vs Peach vs Cotton vs whatever else makes no difference to me or anyone else. Unless making the "New Years Six" designated game somehow becomes an important stat, which I don't see happening, who the heck cares.

Citrus Bowl is Jan 1st at 1 pm on ABC/ESPN - Michigan and LSU will likely get as much hype if not more than the big non-playoff games - perception is all that matters - it will be perceived to be a big game for the program.

Last time we went there in 2007, Chad Henne and company beat up on UF and Tebow - carried Lloyd off the field. A nice venue to get win #10 and build toward next year.

Recruits seeing Michigan and LSU playing on JAN 1 is a "big boy" game - obviously the goal is to play in the playoffs or in the Rose Bowl, but in year one, I think this would be a nice bowl game to look forward to. Despite getting hammered by OSU, if we can figure out a way to beat LSU, I think we would feel a lot better about competing with talented teams.

Wonder if Glasgow could return in 4 weeks? Likely not

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News