ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd from 2007

Heisenburg

Sophomore
Aug 19, 2014
Cowherd tore michigan apart in this 2007 rant. I believe this is the same time that Harbaugh got disowned form being a michigan man and caused the "You'll never coach at michigan" stuff.

It's crazy how correct he was and you have to think quite a bit more blame goes on LLLLoyd than RichRod and Hoke.

My Point: michigan finnally came to the understanding of what it has become and now is in the spot to imporve.

peeps

Originally posted by Heisenburg:

Cowherd tore michigan apart in this 2007 rant. I believe this is the same time that Harbaugh got disowned form being a michigan man and caused the "You'll never coach at michigan" stuff.

It's crazy how correct he was and you have to think quite a bit more blame goes on LLLLoyd than RichRod and Hoke.

My Point: michigan finnally came to the understanding of what it has become and now is in the spot to imporve.
What stuff is that? In 2007 JH didn't have the pedigree to take on the HC job but most everyone wanted him in 2010.

He is absolutely correct and the arrogance around the program continued to keep it down until it got so bad they decided to stop the complete collapse with the Harbaugh hire. PLAYER DEVELOPMENT IS THE KEY!!!!! This is what Urban Meyer does so well. Harbaugh will develop players and Michigan already has the talent to win just by Hoke's recruiting classes. Hoke's work ethic was developed under Loyd so there you go when you want to find the reason for his demise. Rich Rod was just completely out of environment and paid the price for not understanding that.

Originally posted by Go M&B:

What stuff is that? In 2007 JH didn't have the pedigree to take on the HC job but most everyone wanted him in 2010.
Didn't have the "pedigree"? LMFAO. By what standard?

You mean the same pedigree that was required to hire Hokie in 2009? Dude was 33-39 at Ball St & 13-12 at SDSU. Jimmah wasnt better than that in 2007???

Naw you got shined by Jimmah back then. Take a lap.

..."You'll never coach at michigan"...
I'm not 100% sure on what happened, but i know Mike Hart came out defending what was going on at michigan.

From the Link:
"That's a guy I have no respect for," Hart said. "You graduate from the University of Michigan, and you're going to talk about your school like that, a great university like we have? To say that we're not true student-athletes? I don't know if maybe he wants to coach here and he's mad because he didn't get a job. … He's not a Michigan man. I wish he'd never played here."

link

Originally posted by BayAreaVicdaddy:

Didn't have the "pedigree"? LMFAO. By what standard?

You mean the same pedigree that was required to hire Hokie in 2009? Dude was 33-39 at Ball St & 13-12 at SDSU. Jimmah wasnt better than that in 2007???

Naw you got shined by Jimmah back then. Take a lap.
JH coached San Diego from 2004-06. At that point he didn't have the experience to take over the UM program. I don't even remember his name coming up for discussion.

My post has nothing to do with Hoke. Complete straw man. Obviously he never deserved the UM job.

Let me know if there's anything else you need cleared up.

..."You'll never coach at michigan"...
I'm not 100% sure on what happened, but i know Mike Hart came out defending what was going on at michigan.

From the Link:
"That's a guy I have no respect for," Hart said. "You graduate from the University of Michigan, and you're going to talk about your school like that, a great university like we have? To say that we're not true student-athletes? I don't know if maybe he wants to coach here and he's mad because he didn't get a job. … He's not a Michigan man. I wish he'd never played here."
That has nothing to do with the part of your post I highlighted.

aoichii (sp?) also spoke out against Harbaugh around that time, as he had witnessed Harbaugh trying to beat up some chick.

Yeah, his name wasn't seriously brought up by anyone back then, outside of by Taco....who has already thoroughly patted himself on the back for that call. Ha!

I hate to say it but Cowherd was spot on with this segment and really prophetic in many respects. I know this isn't popular among some on this board but I truly believe Lloyd Carr plays a big role in the mess we've been dealing with the past 8 years. Carr was really good the first half of his tenure but lost his edge and became a grumpy old man in the last five years as head coach. Not only was his program sliding downhill but for a person that supposedly loved the football program he didn't put a succession plan in place for his retirement....at least nothing productive. He put his foot down on Miles being hired and supposedly pushed for RR to be hired but then encouraged some players to transfer and never really supported him. It was almost like he wanted anyone but Miles to be coaching UM. Then after RR gets run out of town we have to hire Hoke to get back to a "Michigan man" leading the program even though he clearly was not close to being a high level coach. Yes, I attribute much of the pain from the past 8 years to the ego and arrogance of Lloyd.....and Cowherd saw it coming back in 2007!

All this is in the past now. It's behind us. Because Harbaugh is going to bring UM back to the way it was, and should be. Every university goes thru it's up and down times. UM fans want to put these past 7 to 8 years behind us, just like some Ohio fans want to put the Cooper years behind them.

P.s.
I still don't care Cowherd.

HAAAAAAAAAA!!! Urban Meyer isn't arrogant?????

WTF is this garbage? Think about what you're saying for a minute. Jesus, being arrogant makes you lose?

Harbaugh gets accused of being arrogant. I guess that means we're doomed.

My god, this line of reasoning makes no sense.

Yes, RR did a perfect job, he was just undermined by Lloyd

I can't believe that people won't hold Rich accountable for the job he did. Unbelievable. The retired football coach ruined everything!

You go through all of that and don't mention Dave Brandon as being a problem. Who hired Hoke???? I guess Lloyd did that, too.

Miles banged a colleague's wife. He has nobody to blame but himself for not being wanted back in Ann Arbor. But again, Miles can't be held accountable for his own actions. It's simply Lloyd's fault. Think about what kind of man beds another coach's wife. I guess you're okay with that. By the way, is Miles a great coach? He is going to get run out of Baton Rouge very quickly. This is probably also Lloyd's fault.
roll.r191677.gif

Then what is your reason for the program gonig in the crapper for the past 8 years? I know there is plenty to go around but certainly Lloyd contributed to the mess. It was a cluster___ all the way around.

Re: Yes, RR did a perfect job, he was just undermined by Lloyd

Lloyd has been the boogeyman for a long time, for no real reason other than SOMEONE needed to be the boogeyman. Quite entertaining,really.

Two bad hires, period, end of story

Martin was the one who didn't have a succession plan. That is the AD's job.

Brandon hired Hoke. Another fail.

Now we have a good AD and he made a good hire.

Carr won a ton of games at Michigan and delivered our last national title. And on top of it he's not a shady character like Les Miles. Why Michigan fans don't like Carr is really difficult to understand. I assume you don't like Carr or you wouldn't blame him for things that are out of his control like hiring head coaches.

Re: Two bad hires, period, end of story

Not to mention Martin had at MINIMUM one YEAR'S notice that Lloyd was retiring. Martin convinced Lloyd to coach in 2007. After all of that, Lloyd had no successor on the staff, and Martin had no plan. We all see how that worked out. Then we bring in Brandon (who at the time was considered a home run AD hire because... Domino's!), and he completely bungles the search, and then parades around on a speaking tour about how awesome his process was. Crappy coach #2.

Sure we can get into people not wanting RR to succeed, etc, but nobody outside of Rich and his staff had any effect on the defenses he put out there that were the worst in Michigan history.

Speaking of DB, how awesome was he at Dominos? Check this out

Screen%20Shot%202014-01-12%20at%203.22.15%20PM.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT