ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of thoughts - Long

AVALONBLUEFAN

Heisman
May 29, 2001
Davidsonville Maryland via Hillman Michigan
Well as usual you would almost think we lost by many of the reactions. The best post I read was that JJ would be in the portal tomorrow morning. I keep thinking prior to the season how many of us would have signed up for 7-0 ? Well that’s where we are and so many aren’t happy. I am sure that crowd will say we have not played anyone. But then again a nobody Illinois team beat PSU at home. Iowa got beat at home by kinda another nobody team last week , and Clemson today was an underdog to Pitt. To just keep winning
no matter who and how you play isn’t terrible.

A couple of other things. The “ Play Donovan more “ group makes me curious. Do you take carries away from Blake and Hassan during the game for any reason ? I think Mike Hart has a reason for his rotation. I mean we all wanted Hart here. But yet many still scream for Edwards right and left. I love the kid and think he will be a great one. But I also trust the coaches as to how and when he plays.

I will just say on Cade yes he missed some throws. But at the same time I can also say our receivers are not very good. Losing Bell was a killer. CJ is clearly the best option. Roman was doing well but is now handicapped. Brown to me is a huge disappointment and Henning so far is fast but that’s about it. Mikey S can’t run routes very well and seems to be confused most of the time. I like the TE’s a lot and really think they will be a huge help going forward. We keep wanting the ball to go down field but I am not sure we have talented enough WR’s to do it. I think we are a short pass offense for a reason and it’s not all Cade. To me the JJ crowd is the same as the Donovan crowd. No matter what Cade does ( undefeated ) it won’t be enough. No one ever mentions the O line is beaten up. Both guards were out today I think. This team clearly relies on the run , yet so many just want them to throw every down deep. I don’t get it.

I understand most say they passing game will have to bet better. But to me against the Buckeyes in particular today’s kind of game where we dominate the time of possession and limit the other teams plays is how we win. My sense is we can’t throw the ball all over and beat them. But who knows. Same with MSU. I hope we run for 300 plus and keep their offense off the field.

Anyhow as usual this is long. But I just hate the negative posts in a 26 point win.
I for one am thrilled to be 7-0 and didn’t think we would be there . I love the staff , the way the kids are playing and yes this team has holes. I don’t think our secondary is that good. But that’s another post another time.

Let’s be happy for 7-0. Yes next week will be a huge game but how many of us thought we would have ANY huge games before basketball season ? Let’s hope we can sneak out a W next week !

GO BLUE !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News