ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on Shea Patterson

Makes you immediately relevant. He will be the best QB in your conference. Guy is a player. This should help your offense turn the corner.
Better than this guy? GTFO
627516834.jpg

Makes you immediately relevant. He will be the best QB in your conference. Guy is a player. This should help your offense turn the corner.
Why do people keep saying this? UM is not just missing a QB they are missing anything resembling a running game or an O line. This is three years in and nothing has been developed in those areas. Could Patterson be a help...for sure. He can't hurt. But unless the O line gets better, and UM gets a RB that becomes a consistent threat. Not sure UM moves too far up the B1G heap just because of Patterson. Not to mention the epic collapses of the defense in tough games against decent opponents in the 3rd and 4th quarters and the mind boggling, awful offensive scheme and play calling in general.

Reactions: glboony
Why do people keep saying this? UM is not just missing a QB they are missing anything resembling a running game or an O line. This is three years in and nothing has been developed in those areas. Could Patterson be a help...for sure. He can't hurt. But unless the O line gets better, and UM gets a RB that becomes a consistent threat. Not sure UM moves too far up the B1G heap just because of Patterson. Not to mention the epic collapses of the defense in tough games against decent opponents in the 3rd and 4th quarters and the mind boggling, awful offensive scheme and play calling in general.

I can't really disagree with most of this..

The OL play is atrocious. I think the RBs are fine if we can get some decent run blocking and some semblance of a consistent passing game. Patterson can hopefully help both by running to pick up first down and extending plays in the passing game. I also agree with the defensive collapses. Very rarely do the rewards of Brown's D outweight the damage absorbed when the D gets beat.

Never played a decent defense while doing it on a 4th place team if they were in the SEC East. Patterson has played against real defenses, not that crap your conference plays.

This is silly/stupid

Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin (and sometimes Michigan) all play defense on par with all SEC Teams not named Bama ... and Patterson only played Bama 1x per year

Furthermore, Patterson appeared to struggle SIGNIFICANTLY in most of his games against the quality SEC defenses
(since we all know that most SEC defense actually suck)

Patterson will face similar competition at Michigan (when/if he's eligible) as he did during his time at Ole Miss

This is silly/stupid

Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin (and sometimes Michigan) all play defense on par with all SEC Teams not named Bama ... and Patterson only played Bama 1x per year

Furthermore, Patterson appeared to struggle SIGNIFICANTLY in most of his games against the quality SEC defenses
(since we all know that most SEC defense actually suck)

Patterson will face similar competition at Michigan (when/if he's eligible) as he did during his time at Ole Miss

He won't face that level of competition against ND, though. That is a given!

He won't face that level of competition against ND, though. That is a given!

ND's defense will be returning 10/11 starters and virtually every single player in the 2-Deep, and will now be entering Year 2 of the defensive system (more or less)

ND's 2018 defense will likely be very good, perhaps even the best that Michigan will face all year

ND's defense will be returning 10/11 starters and virtually every single player in the 2-Deep, and will now be entering Year 2 of the defensive system (more or less)

ND's 2018 defense will likely be very good, perhaps even the best that Michigan will face all year

LOL. I wouldn't say that is a good thing

LOL. I wouldn't say that is a good thing

You must not have watched ND play at all then, ND had a very good defense in 2017, especially in its starting 11. It eventually wore down in November, as we lacked depth.

However, unlike Michigan, Notre Dame actually had some success against quality opposing offenses
Georgia (#20 Offense) --> 20 Points Allowed
USC (#35 Offense) --> 14 Points Allowed
NC State (#40 Offense) --> 14 Points Allowed

Now ND was not always successful on Defense (especially later in the season as they wore down), but even then most of their struggles were against Top40 offenses

On the other hand, Michigan held exactly 1 Top50 offense to 20 points or fewer..........Air Force (#48 Offense)

Virtually every Top50 offense that Michigan faced had either moderate or great success against Michigan's defense (Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin)

The amount of depth and talent returning to ND's defense will make that side of the ball a very quality unit for 2018

Reactions: VictorVal
You must not have watched ND play at all then, ND had a very good defense in 2017, especially in its starting 11. It eventually wore down in November, as we lacked depth.

However, unlike Michigan, Notre Dame actually had some success against quality opposing offenses
Georgia (#20 Offense) --> 20 Points Allowed
USC (#35 Offense) --> 14 Points Allowed
NC State (#40 Offense) --> 14 Points Allowed

Now ND was not always successful on Defense (especially later in the season as they wore down), but even then most of their struggles were against Top40 offenses

On the other hand, Michigan held exactly 1 Top50 offense to 20 points or fewer..........Air Force (#48 Offense)

Virtually every Top50 offense that Michigan faced had either moderate or great success against Michigan's defense (Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin)

The amount of depth and talent returning to ND's defense will make that side of the ball a very quality unit for 2018

If it makes you sleep easier at night, keep telling yourself that

That's all it takes regarding ND. What part of return to glory are you on now anyways? LOL

Far less than Michigan and their 0.5 Natties in 80+ years....but you already knew that
(congrats on locking down 3rd Place in your own Division though....wait.....lolol)

Are you able to actually talk football, or is this type of stupid pissing match the best you're able to muster?

Far less than Michigan and their 0.5 Natties in 80+ years....but you already knew that
(congrats on locking down 3rd Place in your own Division though....wait.....lolol)

Are you able to actually talk football, or is this type of stupid pissing match the best you're able to muster?

Yup. Again you prove how irrelevant ND has been. Aren’t we going on 30 Years now of return to glory? Lolol

Yup. Again you prove how irrelevant ND has been. Aren’t we going on 30 Years now of return to glory? Lolol

So that's a yes to "I am able to actually talk football"?

Or was that a yes to "I think 80 years without a full natty is better than 30"???

It's hard to tell with someone like you

So that's a yes to "I am able to actually talk football"?

Or was that a yes to "I think 80 years without a full natty is better than 30"???

It's hard to tell with someone like you

Keep denying the facts, but they are undeniable. 30 years and counting for return to glory lolol

Where did I deny a fact?
I pointed out that 80 >>>>> 30 , but beyond that I just pointed out how irrelevant this discussion was to the actual point

Sorry that you're such an angry, illogical little guy

Let me know when you're ready to actually talk football

It must hurt to face facts. Sorry that the truth of irrelevance hurts ND fans such as yourself so much. You have been boasting about return to glory for 30 years. Michigan has won a title in the modern era-ND has not.

The facts hurt, but ND hasn’t done anything since the 80s. The long list of failures, including Kelly, have proven that.

Never played a decent defense while doing it on a 4th place team if they were in the SEC East. Patterson has played against real defenses, not that crap your conference plays.

1) I sent your post to your 3rd grade grammar/English teacher. She sent back a censored response and asked whether you actually graduated HS at age 29 or 30.

2) Which "real defenses" are you talking about? B1G >>>> SEC, babe.

3) North 1, South 0.

Reactions: mman1969
He immediately makes Michigan a Big contender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT