ADVERTISEMENT

CFP match ups to hopefully prevent the nightmare scenario

Tigers2349

Letterman
Oct 21, 2015
If MSU gets into he CFP if they beat Iowa, how do they match up with the teams most likely to be in the CFP?

Is the nightmare of them wining it all a terrifying reality or still a long shot

Many on the Scout boards say they would have little to no chance against Bama especially now that Bama has good QB play. What do you think of that match up. Could it possibly be mismatch like the Capitol One Bowl 5 years ago where Alabama was 49-7 or at least enough of a mismatch where Alabama wins comfortable and the game is never in doubt? Or is this totally different than 5 years ago.

What about Oklahoma? How would they match up against MSU? I now OKs offense looks almost unstoppable, but what about their D against MSU's offense.

And another thing about MSU that kind of scares me if this could be true. It seems all season long, MSU's defense has given up a lot of yards between the 30s and 40s of each opponents side of the field and the talk is their defense is not stellar thus year and no where near what it is the last few years.

However, ironically against us and OSU, I believe they gave up less total yards and maybe first downs than against any other team this season. Is it just a coincidence in that OSU played a terrible game (maybe worst game in 5 years) and we were a bad matchup given that at the time Rudock was still only a game manager at best and could not throw a deep ball by the time we played MSU. Or was MSU's defense giving up lots of yards to other opponents and not to us and OSU by design from Douchtonio and the MSU defensive coaches? Perhaps were they ok giving up lots of yards between the opponents 30 or 40 yard lines in other games because they never felt threatened they could lose other games but did feel threatened they could lose against us and OSU of course so had some unique defensive game plan they didn't show other opponents? Or is it just a coincidence given what I stated above.

If there was some masterful gameplan against us and OSU, it would only scare me what could happen in the CFP if they beat Iowa.

However, against us and OSU, their D gave up I believe less total yards and first downs than against any other team on their schedule. Was that just a coincidence with usg a ba

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News