ADVERTISEMENT

Can It Be This Bad?

Blue Kahuna

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Central Florida
I’ve watched a lot of college football e early this season. Tonight I’m watching Arizona State vs. Texas State. Both QBs are playing with decent passing results. ASU’s QB is 19/28 for 246 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. The Texas State QB is 28/42 for 265 yards, 4 TDs and 1 INT.

Both offenses look reasonably crisp, the QBs seem capable of putting their passes right on the numbers of their receivers.

So here we are going into our third game, hardly passing the ball at all. What is it, can’t our QBs throw the ball as well as some unknown QBs on unranked teams? Or is it our offensive scheme? Or receivers who can’t get free, or hang onto the ball when they do?

Are we a running team with a top runner who doesn’t gain much yardage?. Is our tepid pass offense limited by our QB ‘s throwing ability, or is it scheme? Or receivers who can’t get free and can’t catch the ball when they do?

Let’s see how good Arkansas State’s QB and pass offensive looks against us on Saturday. I don’t think our offensive problems are one dimensional. There are a whole lot of people responsible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.