ADVERTISEMENT

Bunch of thoughts .......

AVALONBLUEFAN

Heisman
May 29, 2001
Davidsonville Maryland via Hillman Michigan
I know this is a message board , but reading some of the posts and comments makes you truly wonder how these people can say they are M fans. As so many posts have said , “ bench Cade and start JJ”. I really wonder how many coaches in football have ever benched their QB who was unbeaten and didn’t have a turnover ? Cannot be too many.

Then the “ we were out coached ” group , who many then turned around to say how lucky we were to win because Schiano blew the game with his stupid 4th down plays and his gimmick ideas. Tough to figure that one out. Once again reading these threads I was sure we had lost the game. I mean we were out coached , played the wrong QB , the play calling was terrible ( will agree a little with this as there were some head scratchers ) and Rutgers is a terrible team ( not sure how we know THAT yet ). But this has to be the most miserable group of fans following an undefeated team ever. I really am curious. How can you improve your record from 4-0 ? I know the answer is 5-0 but not if you only have played 4.

Now a few thoughts ...... no we don’t have Campbell from Iowa State and yes they will beat Bama for the MNC this year. Zac Charbonnet will win the Heisman ,
we probably will not win the rest of the year due to our terrible play calling . That’s what many of you seem to want. But here are a few things.

I am guessing probably around half the board thought we would be 4-0. Now each team we have beaten is awful. Doesn’t matter what they do each week. They are all terrible. BUT a few points. MANY on here said that we would learn a lot about this team against Wisconsin. But that has changed since they lost 2 games already ( doesn’t matter both losses were to unbeaten teams and rated ) . Wisconsin just sucks. So now we go to Camp Randall , to play in as tough a place as there is in college football ( that doesn’t matter to many ) and against a pretty good defense ( yes ND could not run on them and the best part of our offense is ???? running the ball ). So to clarify things even IF we beat this terrible team at their place it won’t matter. We lose and well ....... the season is over.

Many if not most on here thought that this team was potentially a decent team that should win 7-9 games. There are a ton of young players , with some talent but games AT Wisconsin , PSU and home against OSU would be very tough. The away games at Maryland and MSU and even Nebraska won’t be cake walks.
We have Indiana ( pretty decent ) and Northwestern ( appear pretty bad ) at home. So my take is we are still in line to win 7-9 games. I am sure to me 8-4 is pretty decent based on last year. IF we got to 9-3 great. I can see losses to PSU and OSU and 1 other. But we go 8-4 and this board will clearly melt down and even 9-3 will create the “ Fire Jim “ threads.

I will wrap this up by saying it’s really sad. We really don’t know how this will pan out but one bad half of football set this place on fire. One bad pass , or a poor quarter or half brings out such crazy comments on the game day threads. Let’s hope the team plays better football Saturday , but even if they do so many will still yell about how bad the staff and team is. I just hope we win Saturday as much as anything to shut up so many of these posters !

I am sure many will piss and moan now all the moreso. Carry on.

GO BLUE !!!! And THRILLED we are 4-0 !!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News