ADVERTISEMENT

Bullshit spot. Barrett was stopped.

Trying to be unbiased, yeah, I thought there were times where the refs tried to influence the game. I don't think they decided the game, but the timing of some of their calls were interesting at best. Being at the game, I couldn't tell whether JT got the first down in OT, but I also didn't think that replay would be conclusive enough to over turn the call on the field - which is why there is replay.

Problem is, replay is SUPPOSED to be to make sure the call on the field is correct with no uncertainty whatsoever. Too many times, the replay official over turns calls that are still in question.

I can't argue that UM had more than home field advantage against them, but they also had many opportunities throughout the game to put the Buckeyes away.

Jim's tirade and constant harassment of the officials probably didn't help him either.

Hell of an effort by your boys. Looking forward to it again next year.

Reactions: detroitjohn
This! I believe Michigan had 3 turnovers. That is the reason they lost. Not the referees

I'm looking at the box score.

Ohio State did not get a single holding penalty or pass interference penalty.

I saw them commit those fouls. They were not called.

Michigan, 7 penalties for 59 yards.
Ohio State 2 penalties for six yards.

Yeah, that's about how the game was played alright.

The non-calls were atrocious and Barrett clearly failed to get to the marker, even though a dumbass OSU asst coach is actually using a photoshopped pic on Twitter to make a claim that he did.

All that did was hand OSU a BS 1st down at the 9.

In OT.

Officiating that stunk to the high Heavens, right from the non-call PI on Darboh in the first Q, so blatant as to be acknowledged by homer Herbie as a clear miss, to the BS spot at the end, and a shitload of home cooking in between.

Go Blue. Always.

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
Trying to be unbiased, yeah, I thought there were times where the refs tried to influence the game. I don't think they decided the game, but the timing of some of their calls were interesting at best. Being at the game, I couldn't tell whether JT got the first down in OT, but I also didn't think that replay would be conclusive enough to over turn the call on the field - which is why there is replay.

Problem is, replay is SUPPOSED to be to make sure the call on the field is correct with no uncertainty whatsoever. Too many times, the replay official over turns calls that are still in question.

I can't argue that UM had more than home field advantage against them, but they also had many opportunities throughout the game to put the Buckeyes away.

Jim's tirade and constant harassment of the officials probably didn't help him either.

Hell of an effort by your boys. Looking forward to it again next year.

LOL.

Jim's harassment of the officials.

Fu*k right off with that shit.

Go Blue. Always.

For the slow people who weren't sure if the ball crossed the line:

15179156_10100562959012958_6995307517549747659_n.jpg

For the slower people who want to blame the refs...

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...d-urban-meyer-college-football-playoff-112616
Never ever crossed the line stupid

Could have gone either way. If the spot went against my team I would be upset, but could see the arguemment. As it went for my team I was elated, but I could see the argument.
Well it would be awesome to play you again. OSU kind of sucks

What are you looking for Reality Man, me to say they it was a "rigged" game? Over the course of the game I saw several calls that I was happy to see for the Buckeyes way. Again, I could see the argument that in retrospect the calls overall favored the Buckeyes, but I don't see any cheating that went on through the game. For the most part one team will get more calls or will get the call in their favor at a critical moment, in any game.

It was a classic that adds to The Game's lore and will make it that much better for you when the Wolverines eventually win one- and I know it will happen sooner than later. This season however, I'll take the team's victory regardless of how it happened.

And you prove how much you have no idea what you are talking about

And you prove how much you have no idea what you are talking about

Please clarify PharmD as to where I proved how much I don't know what I'm talking about. Was it my statement that I could see in retrospect the calls overall favored the Buckeyes? Or was it where I said eventually Michigan would beat the Buckeyes, and I think sooner than later?

Maybe you need to tap into some of your drugs to take the edge off.

There is a chance that OSU and Michigan get to play again because Michigan may only drop to #5 and Washington can certainly lose to Colorado. If they do, then Michigan will Jump Wisconsin for the #4 spot (assuming Wisconsin beats PSU). Michigan has beaten 3 top ten teams that's why and losing to the #2 team in double over time that was helped by a nation wide view of a bunch of horse shit calls that put Ohio State into position to score. Ohio State is not the #2 team in the country though. Clemson is a much better football team than the Bucks and should be rated over them. No One in this conversation can beat Alabama. I repeat NO ONE. Barrett wold get the shit knocked out of him on every play. The Alabama defense may be able to compete in the NFL. Its ridiculous.

There is a chance that OSU and Michigan get to play again because Michigan may only drop to #5 and Washington can certainly lose to Colorado. If they do, then Michigan will Jump Wisconsin for the #4 spot (assuming Wisconsin beats PSU). Michigan has beaten 3 top ten teams that's why and losing to the #2 team in double over time that was helped by a nation wide view of a bunch of horse shit calls that put Ohio State into position to score. Ohio State is not the #2 team in the country though. Clemson is a much better football team than the Bucks and should be rated over them. No One in this conversation can beat Alabama. I repeat NO ONE. Barrett wold get the shit knocked out of him on every play. The Alabama defense may be able to compete in the NFL. Its ridiculous.
Barrett got the shit knocked out of him quite a few times by UM. Remember that .

"Problem is, replay is SUPPOSED to be to make sure the call on the field is correct with no uncertainty whatsoever.'

False. Replay is only supposed to overturn the call on the field if there is irrefutable video evidence contrary to what been called on the field.

No one is likely to beat Alabama this year if it was a 3 game series. One game, and anything can happen. See Michigan versus Iowa.

Good morning, been a while since I've visited this board. Quite a few of your penalties were obvious: Butt false start 1st Q, roughing the kicker, Cole's hands to the face, & offsides on the defense which led to Harbaugh's unsportsmanlike. I was surprised the Buckeyes didn't have their handful of false starts and illegal motions.

I've read many M fans b!tching about the pass interference call on #44 covering Samuel. At first glance, I thought we got a gift but the replay changed my mind. Additionally, your player even tapped his chest, insinuating, "it's on me." I do agree 100%, OSU should've been flagged for pass interference in OT on that pass (I think it was intended to Perry).

On the flip side, your defensive backs play VERY aggressive, similar to MSU. I've watched many of your games this year and was always surprised your DB's, mainly #26, didn't get more penalties. They do a lot of grabbing and arm bars. Two plays that stood out was the opening drive in the 3Q, Samuel was open on the right sideline and your DB grabbed Samuel's left arm and proceeded to tip the ball; no call. Huge play since the next snap had Peppers landing his first collegiate INT. There was another play where we had a WR streaking down a sideline and #44 grabbed his jersey; no call. I think both offensive lines got away with holding throughout the game, the refs weren't calling it. I am sure Mr. Prince and Mr. Kalis were happy about that.

I thought Barrett was short on the 4th and 1 initially and my wife said he made it. I rewound the DVR and played it in slow motion and it looked like he got enough. Either way, I understand the rage. If the game was played in AA would OSU have been given the spot? Not sure and very debatable.

In the end, football is a four quarter game and OT in this case. Your squad dominated the first three quarters but failed to put it away in the 4th Quarter; Ohio State dominated yardage, something like 147-4. Because of this, I am surprised your fan base is not putting more heat on Harbaugh. I am a 1997 graduate and it was almost Cooper-esque. His tantrum and throwing the play chart on the field possibly cost your team seven points. Up to that point, I know the Buckeye offense was spinning its wheels vs. your stout defense. Add in those missed, chip shot FG's and the game seemed destined to be in your hands.

Curious, has anyone questioned Harbaugh on his play calling in the fourth quarter? Is there anyone in the local who will ask him? He has every right to complain about some calls and maybe he addressed his own shortcomings with the play calling in the post-game presser but I didn't hear it all.

The officiating was horrific, but ultimately didn't cost us the game. I get that. I also get there is no conspiracy in play here - shit happens. Two turnovers are the majority of the reason we didn't win - that's on us.

But being officiated by a crew whose one member was barred from officiating the Game in 2006 for personal bias speaks volumes about a vetting process. Or rather, lack of.

Whenever there is a crucial close call that affects the game outcome...the loser of the game will cry foul...it is axiomatic.

If you watch enough football as a fan, you'll see both sides of it.

Reactions: BigTenFanatic80
So here's the play that happened 2 snaps before the "controversial" 4th-down conversion. You'll see that Michigan linebacker Ben Gedeon clearly pulls JT Barrett down by Barrett's facemask, but it is not called. Had this been called, it would've been an automatic first down and half the distance to the goal.

Either the refs are rigged for Michigan too, or they are human.

So here's the play that happened 2 snaps before the "controversial" 4th-down conversion. You'll see that Michigan linebacker Ben Gedeon clearly pulls JT Barrett down by Barrett's facemask, but it is not called. Had this been called, it would've been an automatic first down and half the distance to the goal.

Either the refs are rigged for Michigan too, or they are human.
Actually, I called that face mask while the game was going live. BUT...they showed that play in slow-mo from another angle and he had is shoulder pad NOT THE FACEMASK.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
Actually, I called that face mask while the game was going live. BUT...they showed that play in slow-mo from another angle and he had is shoulder pad NOT THE FACEMASK.
Sure looks like it... good call out though if you can tell it's definitely not the mask.

You would think Barrett would go apeshit if the mask was tugged on. Most all players start looking around immediately if they feel like it was a legit facemask.

I am not an Ohio State fan. The guy got right to the line. It was close, but it was certainly not a blatantly bad spot like Harbaigh and some people on here are making it out to be
Learn how to spell-is that so difficult Buckie ???

Several things if you are able to see the video of the controversial fourth down play make you wonder if some kind of fix wasn't in place. First JT falls back in a very unnatural way. Second, if you have access to a wider view than what was seen on the television, you will notice a puff of smoke behind an artificial grassy knoll just outside of the endzone. There was a fix all right, it just didn't work.

Several things if you are able to see the video of the controversial fourth down play make you wonder if some kind of fix wasn't in place. First JT falls back in a very unnatural way. Second, if you have access to a wider view than what was seen on the television, you will notice a puff of smoke behind an artificial grassy knoll just outside of the endzone. There was a fix all right, it just didn't work.
Ha. The spot was questionable, but much worse were all the one sided calls going against Michigan and all the non calls against TUOS. The referee crew was very biased and incompetent. The B1G head of referees should be held accountable, and steps taken to ensure that such a debacle doesn't happen again.

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT