ADVERTISEMENT

Buh bye Speight...

Ended? Our new starter (O'Korn) actually has more game experience than Speight, just at another school. I think we should still be OK.

I was out of town this weekend and just watched the game yesterday. I was still in the anger phase this morning, ha!

You guys sweating yet? Gonna be a very warm reception in the Shoe on the 26th, against a team that is hitting its stride right on schedule. Outscored their last two opponents 124-6. It might be worse than 42-13 this year.

You guys sweating yet? Gonna be a very warm reception in the Shoe on the 26th, against a team that is hitting its stride right on schedule. Outscored their last two opponents 124-6. It might be worse than 42-13 this year.

Game will need to be played...you might want to learn from Ohio States loss and Michigan's recent loss..it can happen any week from a team that doesn't appear to have the ability to beat you..this season isn't over

I dunno what to believe now.
giphy.gif

Game will need to be played...you might want to learn from Ohio States loss and Michigan's recent loss..it can happen any week from a team that doesn't appear to have the ability to beat you..this season isn't over
Oh, I know. We dropped a deuce in HV a few weeks ago.

There's a long history of UM fans thinking the guy behind the starter is just waiting to set the world on fire. Usually they are forgetting that the second stringer is not playing for a reason and usually that comes around they middle of the third quarter in a meaningful game.

I hope O'Korn can make some noise but I'm not banking on it, he hasn't played a meaningful minute of football in 2 years.

Reactions: kybuckeye2
There's a long history of UM fans thinking the guy behind the starter is just waiting to set the world on fire. Usually they are forgetting that the second stringer is not playing for a reason and usually that comes around they middle of the third quarter in a meaningful game.

I hope O'Korn can make some noise but I'm not banking on it, he hasn't played a meaningful minute of football in 2 years.

But he's played lots of meaningful minutes of football in the past four years. Your timeframe is a bit of cherry-picking.

The big thing about his time at Houston is that he should be familiar with the speed of the college game and shouldn't be overwhelmed by the moment. Those are two big unknowns for most new QBs.

This was posted on November 14th, 2016 at 1:38 PM. Hopefully he is doing better and JOK is ready to go and win. Love to have WS back for bowl game but JOK has been waiting on this all 2 years and we will find out what he is made of tomorrow and next week. Goodness me we can't expect Shane to play unless he is there to take a knee, VICTORY . GBGB"74

But he's played lots of meaningful minutes of football in the past four years. Your timeframe is a bit of cherry-picking.

The big thing about his time at Houston is that he should be familiar with the speed of the college game and shouldn't be overwhelmed by the moment. Those are two big unknowns for most new QBs.
I'm not cherry picking a damn thing, he hasn't played in two years and we have no idea how he'd perform under pressure of a big game like OSU vs UM. His last season playing at Houston was also hardly stellar. I hope he's up for it, but if Speight cannot go that's really, really bad news.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT