ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Review of Our Practice Yesterday was Unsatisfying

BlueBlood Down Under

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2001
First off, Rick Pizzo, the consummate Michigan hater, pointed out that Harbaugh is only 11-9 after Nov 1st at Michigan. That point was echoed by DiNardo and Griffith with Gerry attributing it to the defense. If I recall correctly, our offenses have been the primary problem down the stretch the last four years and only this last OSU loss was one in which the failure fell primarily on the defense.

Pizzo questioned whether a Shea Patterson/Dylan McCaffrey tandem is a good idea and suggested it was simply to keep Dylan happy. He highlighted the back and forth quibbling between Gattis and Locksley of Maryland regarding the play calling at Bama last year. Certainly nothing complimentary about Michigan from that guy ... the person who commentates OSU's weekly football TV show.

I maintain that Pizzo stands for "Piz" ... "o" ... sh*t.

Both Gerry DiNardo and Howard Griffith spent the show struggling to praise our team as well. They both nitpicked and offered doubts about virtually everything.

So, for the first time in his 5 years at Michigan, Harbaugh has a complete team which finally has experienced groups, top talent and depth at OL and at QB. Problems in those areas have limited our teams these last four years but all the BTN commentators can do is point to prior year failures as reasons for skepticism this season. After watching those two gush over the teams on their stops at OSU, PSU and MSU, they provided few compliments, if any, here in Ann Arbor.

DiNardo has never liked Don Brown's defense and continues to find reasons why it cannot work. He questions whether our OL can be in adequate shape to run a hurry up offense. Gerry kept suggesting that Gattis could struggle calling plays. Said that some OCs are successful out of the gate but many take years to succeed at it. Gerry claims that the race between UM, OSU, MSU and PSU has never been closer. He and Howard Griffith suggested that only OSU had superior talent of those top four.

Only Dave Revsine was somewhat complimentary. He pointed out that our offense was damn good last season, finishing second in scoring in the B1G at over 35 pts per game, so it was not like we were bringing in Gattis to start from scratch. Also, at the end he suggested that our top three QBs look outstanding.

I keep waiting for the BTN folks to be more positive about Michigan and Harbaugh. I guess it is an unrealistic expectation for me to believe that they can be fair.

I have always maintained that BTN stands for "Buckeye Touting Network".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News