ADVERTISEMENT

Brendan Warren, Don Granato post game interviews

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
Brendan Warren, NTDP U-18 forward and 2015 Michigan hockey commitment

On playing at Yost:

"It was a really fun experience. It was a really competitive game and we played really hard. With a couple of bounces either way and a few more chances, we could have had a different result. Overall, it was a really good experience. I'm excited for next year."

On his Michigan commitment:

"I'm really excited. This place has a great tradition. It's going to be great for my development. This is the best place to be for college hockey."

A scouting report on Nick Boka, NTDP teammate and fellow Michigan commit for 2015:

"Nick's a great guy and a hard worker. He works hard every single day in practice. He's going to be a great addition to the (Michigan) team. I can't wait to be here with him. He's really competitive, works hard in the corners. He'll make you work for every inch you get."

On playing in the USA Hockey All-American Prospect Game:

"What a fun experience! It's the best 40 (players) in the country. It was a very competitive environment. Everyone was trying to showcase what they had. I took a lot away from that.

Describing his goal in the prospect game:

"It was a hard-working, scrappy goal. Made a little play, back door, got behind the goalie and put it in."

On the NHL Draft:

"You think about it a little bit. You kind of just try to play your game and everything will take care of itself."

Don Granato Head Coach, NTDP Under-18 Team

On how Brendan Warren's game translates to college hockey:

"He's going to be a good college hockey player. He's a good hockey player already. He's got great speed, great range, a little bit like (Dylan) Larkin as far as his ability to get around the ice and break up plays. There's a lot of little thing that he does very well, details to his game. He makes the other players around him better and he makes the job easier for his teammates.

On how Nick Boka's game translates to college hockey:

"Boks (Boka) is intense; very, very intense. Think of JT Compher. He's got that type of intensity to him, a drive to him. Both those guys are leadership type guys. He plays with a mean streak. The other bench, the other team, will know who he is right away."

I love the stuff about Boka having some nasty in him. We know Kenny Johnson does too. Downing does as well. I'd love to see us have a skilled set of D that still has a lot of abrasive in there. Make it a little harder for folks to play against Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT