ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Xavier Worthy, Omarion Cooper, More

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Michigan made the final six for Fresno (Calif.) Central wide receiver Xavier Worthy today. I put in an early FutureCast for the Wolverines. So where do things stand now? At the time, Michigan was clearly in the pole position. In fact, I had a feeling that Michigan was very close to landing him. Unfortunately for the Wolverines, this recruitment changed drastically as Worthy became one of the hottest recruits in America. Now, Worthy seems pretty open with his six finalists.

*** Michigan has been a constant for Worthy and still seems to be in a good spot. He knows he can be a difference maker in the Michigan offense and has a great relationship with offensive coordinator Josh Gattis. He also has a strong friendship with current commit Markus Allen and sophomore wide out Giles Jackson. Still, the SEC schools — Georgia in particular — really scare me. Oregon does as well. He would be dynamite for the Ducks, and Oregon gives him a chance to stay out West. Worthy recently said he was going to wait until November but is now considering a summer decision. This one is a dog fight.

*** Michigan also made the final six for three-star Lehigh Acres (Fla.) Lehigh cornerback Omarion Cooper. I've mentioned Cooper a couple of times over the last few weeks. He is a prospect the Wolverines are pushing for and would really love to add this cycle. If Florida State pushes, it is the most likely landing spot. Both Texas and Penn State are intriguing options for him as well. I would put Michigan in the same boat. This one may come down to visits if he elects to wait. Cooper is one of the tougher recruits to read this cycle.

*** Michigan did not make the final five for top safety target Donovan McMillon. That's a bit of a blow for the Wolverines as they were making him a big priority. Recent offensive line offer Will Reed named Michigan in his Top 10, but he's not really an option at this time. Chicagoland defensive end Ryan Keeler recently named Michigan a top school but like Reed, he's not really an option at this time. Michigan was making a run for defensive lineman Darryl Peterson, but he committed to Wisconsin today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News